Sign in to follow this  
Stiffy

Patching Combat Flight Sim

The CF3 i have is version 3.0

Can anyone point me towards a working 1.3 patch for cf3? the one on the microsoft site wont install (although english version it pops up an error message in spanish and german!)... the one from gamers hell says its not a valid win32 program...

I'm running vista... any issues there?

Sounds like a corrupted download - delete it and download it again?

Use a download manager like Getright if you still have problems.

Ahh sorted... I should read more carefully! Was trying to download 1.3a mini patch which requires 1.3 to be installed already. found the right file now and installing!

All done... now i just need OFF to turn up! Cant stand another day of making do with ROF with no opponents!

Ok glad you are sorted Stiffy.

Basically there are TWO programs to deal with CFS3 (Microsoft's Combat Flight Sim 3) and OFF BH&H. So do not confuse the two.

CFS3 which needs to be 3.1 (most modern versions you buy are already 3.1 anyway, but if you have an old one you need to update it first with MICROSOFT's 3.1 update from Microsoft's website.

OFF by us, which has it's own DVD install then you download 1.32 Superpatch and install, then download 1.32g minipatch and install it (currently).

Pardon, we already have one dyslexic in this community, might this mean we now must deal with two.

It's V3.1 and the uneeded mini is V3.1a

And if you suspect rotten apples in the barrel, get them from the tree

http://www.microsoft.../downloads.aspx

Yes I downloaded everything from Microsoft. The problem wasnt the file it was the fact that I have downloaded 1.3a without first downloading 1.3. Anyway CF3 is now ready for OFF... hopefully OFF should arrive early next week if everyone elses postage experience is anything to go by!

Hi Stiffy,

I do hope you're excited at the prospect of getting OFF.

<this has been a completely s**t double entendre, predicated entirely upon the excessive reading of Viz. Apologies to non-UK readers who won't have a clue what I'm talking about>

Hi Stiffy,

I do hope you're excited at the prospect of getting OFF.

<this has been a completely s**t double entendre, predicated entirely upon the excessive reading of Viz. Apologies to non-UK readers who won't have a clue what I'm talking about>

Lol its my fault for choosing a silly forum name!... typical just when you least expect a duoble entendre.... someone gives you one.