Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Problem w "Le Missioneur" mission builder

Does anyone out there use the " Le Missioneur mission editor" ? If so have any of you found a problem when you install it into your FE main folder?

I tried to install it today (the first time) and it seemed to install ok. I even created a quick mission. when I ran the game and selected the new mission, then clicked "Fly", the game crashed, shut down and went to my desktop. I uninstalled LM and ran the game again and the same thing happened. Crashed when I clicked"Fly".

So I had to do a System Restore of my computer to get it working again. Thank god that worked. I backed up some stuff before a second try this time. But when I installed LM the same thing happened. This time before I clicked "Fly" I noticed that LM had rearanged all my settings back to the default game settings. The resolution, difficulty settings, graphic settings, etc etc, were all changed to default. I changed all the settings and clicked "Fly" and I got the same results as before. Crash! Needless to say I had to restore again.

Why is the Le Missioneur editor program crashing my computer? southside bucky said he uses LM and has no problems with it at all.

Any ideas anyone?????blink.gif

le missioneur will reset your game settings the first time you use it, that is normal just put them back to your preferred settings after you

create your fist mission and fire up the game.

The reason for the crash is most likely an weapons or object issue. The game searched for data for something you inserted into the mission and could not find it ... so it crashed.

Thanks Icarus999. I'm almost afraid to try again. Are you saying after I install LM that I have to reset my settings and create a mission with all perameters filled out correctly before FE would work correctly? Because the second time I installed LM I changed the game settings back to the way I had them and tryied to fly a regular single mission and it still crashed. Not even using LM yet. Do I have to create a mission before I can use FE again?

Ok I got it working. But I've noticed everytime I exit out of LM and run FE to play the newly made mission I have to reset all my game settings. Otherwise the game crashes. It happens every time. Is this normal?????