Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eject

TERRAINS mod

Guest Eject

black sea terrain. Can this one be used in WOE?

My MERGING of MODERN DARWIN, LIBYA 2-3 (merged already by me), TIMOR, and WOI in my WOE was a success one. Only the Libya Terrain shows -- I believe -- abnormality even when I "stand-aloned" it, that is, the SEA is CRISS-CROSSED by square lines evenly so it looks mor like BLUE paddy fields from afar.

Lastly, there are several other Teraains for other than WOE-WOI-WOV here. Can they also be used.merged in WOE/WOI?? And how? I would like to fly FREE digitally to roam the different, and really great Terrains. Thanks:salute:

If you could do that I mean wowee;I dont think Id evr switch my comp off.

Guest Eject

I miss NAPA Valley Cal., the wine country, the ol' town the beautiful, soft-spoken, yet smart Cindy, Is there any terrain of California that can be used in my WOE? :salute:

Eject: need to see a screeine of the alleged ocean issue. It's never occured for me so....on 06 or 08 level games, including SF2

and what EXACTLY do you mean by "merging". You can't merge terrains; you can only install them to a game. Unless you know something about the Terrain Editor I don't!!! :grin:

The SoCal map should have "region" for Napa Valley; be aware of a small glicht in the tiles north of Vandenburg, I've been unable to repair the flashing tile, so before it get gripped about ... I'm very aware of it.

Information on proper install procedures is HIGHLY detailed in all my terrain readmes. It's suggested they be followed exactly.

wrench

kevin stein

ps: yes, Libya will work in WoI, provided you have the Desert terrain as well in you WoI /Terrain folder, and have the cat pointer line adjusted accordingly.

Guest Eject

:salute:Stick and Wrench, thanks to you guys. Wrench, I did do any "tweaks" in what you said as bla bla CAT concerned, still, it work well. So, re the "blue paddy fields" in my Libya's SEA, I just took ONE screen shot. Hope to upload it here for u to see but tomowrrow. I have used up my upload limitation just minutes ago re a sound file. C u later:salute:

By "merged" I mean install, yes you are right mate. Yet I really do not lnow yet what cat pointer is. Gotta read again the tutorial

Guest Eject

Eject: need to see a screeine of the alleged ocean issue. It's never occured for me so....on 06 or 08 level games, including SF2

and what EXACTLY do you mean by "merging". You can't merge terrains; you can only install them to a game. Unless you know something about the Terrain Editor I don't!!! :grin:

The SoCal map should have "region" for Napa Valley; be aware of a small glicht in the tiles north of Vandenburg, I've been unable to repair the flashing tile, so before it get gripped about ... I'm very aware of it.

Information on proper install procedures is HIGHLY detailed in all my terrain readmes. It's suggested they be followed exactly.

wrench

ps: yes, Libya will work in WoI, provided you have the Desert terrain as well in you WoI /Terrain folder, and have the cat pointer line adjusted accordingly.

Puff, puff, puff...d'ya see my smoke signal Wrench? (Red Indian way) Hello I am back. Here is only one screeny for you to inspect of the the sub-subject we chatted over: ragged squares in the SEA of my Libya terrain. I could not find the ones with straight lines in the squares.

I use a two-year old ACER Laptop a slow goer I smashed the screen lst year that compelled me to use an old, pathetic CRT monitor that, God! can support the grap engine of the galf-dead laptop!

Re the WOE: GRAPHIC setting: mostly MEDIUM, only two HIGHs on Ground Texture and Object Texture, Medium Setting on SHADOW produced lots of "aliases" on planes on ground during scrambles and in the sky, so set it LOW. Gameply, used to have HARD on ohh forgot that some oldie jets did spins. So, set in normal so less realistic. Here it is "sage" Wrench

Thank you Dave for letting me attache this screeny,

My guess, video card issue. Bet it's an ATI

wrench

kevin stein

Guest Eject

My guess, video card issue. Bet it's an ATI

wrench

kevin stein

But how come same thing do not happen in my other TERRAINS, Wrench?? In same Laptop????:dntknw:

Are you using this terrain in an 08 patch level game? I'm wondering if the new height mesh data might need adding.

Try this: open the Lybia_DATA.ini. Then, Save As.. ori-Lybia_DATA.ini. Close that.

Then, reopen the Lybia_Data.ini, and replace the top 3 sections with this below:

[TerrainMesh]

TextureThreshold=0.80

LowDetailMeshThreshold=0.50

MedDetailMeshThreshold=0.30

TileToHeightGridRatio=4

RenderMeshVertexCount=4096

RenderMeshIndexCount=6144

SolidObjectVertexCount=12288

SolidObjectIndexCount=18432

AlphaObjectVertexCount=8192

AlphaObjectIndexCount=12288

[HeightField]

DetailScale=1.0

DetailFrequency=1.0

MaxHeight=1000

MinHeight=0

[HeightOffset]

LowDetailMesh=-1.0

WaterMesh=0.8

see if that does anything. As I'm unable to duplicate the complaint (as we say in the automotive industry), I'm just guessing at the possilbe issue.

You can also try using the black repainted _hm.bmps:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=9205

Just unzip that pak, and drop them into the Lybia terrain folder. Let them overwrite the existing ones.

If that don't work, well there isn't much I can say!

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

Guest Eject

Are you using this terrain in an 08 patch level game? I'm wondering if the new height mesh data might need adding.

Try this: open the Lybia_DATA.ini. Then, Save As.. ori-Lybia_DATA.ini. Close that.

Then, reopen the Lybia_Data.ini, and replace the top 3 sections with this below:

see if that does anything. As I'm unable to duplicate the complaint (as we say in the automotive industry), I'm just guessing at the possilbe issue.

You can also try using the black repainted _hm.bmps:

http://forum.combata...s&showfile=9205

Just unzip that pak, and drop them into the Lybia terrain folder. Let them overwrite the existing ones.

If that don't work, well there isn't much I can say!

wrench

kevin stein

:salute:Wrench, you are such a nice guy. Thank you so much for your assistance with said info. God Bless you Wrench, I shall give it a try later. I soon will upload FOUR added inputs for you, Dave and others senior modders.:salute:

Uh, Oh! To save time if I may Dave and Wrench, I believe it won't cause End of the world that we know it for me to simultaneously upload here NOT all of them. There are about the Su-Mod I DL from here somedays back forgot when. Let me know ASAP if this step of mine is inappropriate Dave. Thank you sir:salute: