Sign in to follow this  
ShrikeHawk

Missing Pilot and Terrain Advice

I just installed a Chinese J-7II and it's totally terrific except for one thing...the pilot is AWOL. Probably out drinking and playing Mah Jong somewhere...

So, I went into the data.ini file and found the line for "pilotmodelname=" (which had no parameter) and I put "Pilot_PLAAF" in there. I figured this would work since I do have the PLAAF pilot LOD in the aircraft directory that works just fine with my SU-27SK.

That didn't work. So what do I need to do to get a pilot to show up?

---Next Thing---

I have installed the Formosa Strait terrain in a copy of a WoE install. It works fine and looks great. But I have occasionally noticed enemy aircraft blowing up without having been hit. Is this possible or are my eyes deceiving me? If it is happening, what would cause it?

Hi!

About the pilot, if your J-7II is Geg's version 2.5, the pilot is already in the plane but the location is wrong.

Change the location to :

Position=0.0,2.75,0.84

that's a funny issue, the guy is "inside" the seat.

Hope it'll help you!

Cliff

Hi!

About the pilot, if your J-7II is Geg's version 2.5, the pilot is already in the plane but the location is wrong.

Change the location to :

Position=0.0,2.75,0.84

that's a funny issue, the guy is "inside" the seat.

Hope it'll help you!

Cliff

Nice! That fixed it. Thanks, Cliff!