Hi all, is there a known problem with the af19crates model? After placing the object, the model tends to "bleed" through the ground, and expose the other objects. For example, the object rendered I believe is supposed to be a single crate. If you look at the first screenshot, when you circle the object just right it appears correct. But in general, if you orbit the object, it tends to "break apart" and the model flickers and exposes the entire surface. Kind of hard to explain, but here are some snapshots...any ideas or feedback on this would be appreciated, or even just a confirmation...

af19crates.jpg

I've seen this happen also. Can't be of any help as to the Reason for it happening. It's a YAP Product. You might want to ask their Customer Support why the Model is faulty. You paid for the Product, They ought to help You out with this Problem. At least have some Answers for why this is happening. As a Commercial Product, One would think that YAP has tighter Quality Control than this for the amount of Money that One has to invest to get a complete Copy of their Product.

331KillerBee

It is most likely flickering because those three pieces of crate are at the same height as the terrain, ie, they are positioned at 0.0 on the z-scale in max. If they were to move those pieces up a few centimetres it would solve the problem.

Unless they're used in YAP too (I don't have it), it's from Polak's Object Library 1, ported objects from CFS Midway Group.

That's not the first item with some 'oddities' ... one of the bunker/slit trenches/fortifited positions ... I can't remember if it's the 'af21 fortified cave entrance' or one of the trenches extends several thousand feet UP, and is not visible. But you sure CAN fly right into to ... acts like The Wall ... a nonmovalbe invisible things hanging there!

Out of the 68 objects, there's 2 or 3 that don't work, and I disremember which ones exactly.

Swarm: did you PM me about something? I got a little overzealous in cleaning out my folder here, and might have deleted it by accident!!!! (sorry!)

So, what was it I can help you with?

wrench

kevin stein

Jimbib, I think you nailed it...I'm sure that's the problem. I wonder if anyone would consider fixing it? Anyway, yes Wrench the AF19crates are from Polak's library. Therefore, none of Polak's objects could be legally used by YAP without his expressed written permission since YAP is run for commercial purposes (and of which I am still grateful he granted me permission for my STT tool!). I'll send you another PM on the other stuff...Thanks.

Edited by swambast