Sign in to follow this  
swetye

Problem getting Mission Builder to run

When I try to run the P3 mission builder I get the following error..... The procedure entry point jpeg_std_error could not be located in the dynamic link library jpeg.dll. I have tried reinstalling the mission builder but still get the same error. Can Anyone help resolve this problem? sweeteye

When I try to run the P3 mission builder I get the following error..... The procedure entry point jpeg_std_error could not be located in the dynamic link library jpeg.dll. I have tried reinstalling the mission builder but still get the same error. Can Anyone help resolve this problem? sweeteye

you CANNOT start mission builder from a shortcut you make from the exe,,,nor can you start it by clicking on the exe that resides in the mb folder. (dont ask me why,,quirky problem to say the least)

you can start it from start>all programs>over flanders fields>mission builder

gallery_45808_317_1270.jpg

If this is the way you have been getting to mission builder, then stick this file into your obdsoftware\cfsww1 wwi over flanders fields directory. Seems to me ive had to send this to someone else before

http://bhah.homeip.net:192/inbox/jpeg.dll

Edited by sitting_duck

Thank you for the help sitting duck ......Now have the mission builder running and can start on some new missions.clapping.gif

That's weird Duck. I have a shortcut of MB that works fine. Don't ask me how, you know how OFF is!dntknw.gif

ax..stump put one up a while back ago,,(a shortcut that worked)....im not sure what forum it was in,,,i looked for it before i posted,,but couldnt find it..

I have never had any problems with the mission builder before....Cfs3 P2 or P3. Had everything running fine last night with the whole game and when I woke up this morning the game would not load. got some really bad error every time I tried to load into multiplayer. Had to reinstall the game again and the mission builder still would not load correctly....got the same error with the cfs 3 builder and OFF.

Edited by swetye

that jpeg.dll. also resides in your system32 folder. going to assume off looks in its own directory first,,and if finds it stops there...cfs3 may not be the same way, so maybe copy that file that you got into cfs3,,and if that doesnt work,,copy it to system32 (maybe make a backup of the file if it already exists in system32)..

and,,fyi,,it also resides in your java folder,,but that file is always bigger than the one in off and system32