Sign in to follow this  
Wraith27

Weaponeditor vs MS Office 2007

Hello!

I have Windows XP SP2 -after installed MS office 2007 the weaponeditor doesn't work... mean I can launch it but when I press open, save or import button the program shut down. I'm sure that it is problem with MS Office 2007 because when I uninstall it the weaponeditor works again.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Never heard of that problem before. That is weird.

Hello!

I have Windows XP SP2 -after installed MS office 2007 the weaponeditor doesn't work... mean I can launch it but when I press open, save or import button the program shut down. I'm sure that it is problem with MS Office 2007 because when I uninstall it the weaponeditor works again.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Have had the exact same problem. However, I didn't think that office would effect it. Will uninstall office and give it a shot.

yep. Ran across the problem about a year ago. We had some discussion on it, but I've lost the thread.

I was not able to track it down to which program was causing the problem, though. So if you can verify its Office 2007 that would be a helpful data point. Not sure that there is anything we can do about it.

To get around it - zip the whole editor into its own zipped file. Then, launch the editor from within the zip file. That has worked and got everyone with this problem back into action.

I forget who discoved this work-around - but it does work.

It works!!! Don't know why but who cares :grin: Thanks!!