Sign in to follow this  
MigHound

SF2 Installation sequence question.

Here's a thought... Could I install SF2 Europe (an older title) and then merge SF2 Israel (newer), into it? I know you can merge the content of older SF2 products, into the more recent ones, but, could it be done in reverse, or indeed, in a scrambled order... so then being, the last item I install will be the baseline sim I would run all four terrains from.

Here's another way of asking, so I am clear. If I install SF2 Israel, first, and then SF2 Europe. Would SF2 Europe detect and attempt to merge the more recent Israel title??

Thanks for your time.

Edited by MigHound

how about you let us all know how that works out for you? :grin:

you can always delete it and start over.

I've got them all installed in the order of release. There are some items that are different/updated in the SF2I so I suspect that something won't probably work right (HUD's for example) without some tweaking.

I've also installed V and I in their own, isolated loads as well as the new, awesome NATO Fighters.

+1 for installing in release order. You never know what is going to be overwritten with what. I've got a feeling that when you're doing something to change the game so much, a fresh installation is worthwhile anyway.

+2 for release order. SF2/SF2:V/SF2:E/SF2:I

FYI, the manuals in the SF2 directory explicitly state to install them in release order, and if you want to install an older one to merge (ie SF2V over SF2E or SF2E over SF2I)...don't. Uninstall the newer one, install the older one, install the newer one, install any patches that may be out.

If you're installing SF2I last, no patches needed as of 10/26. If you're installing any BUT SF2I, the Jun 09 patch is the last.