Sign in to follow this  
Macklroy

Changing sqn roster names.

Hey guys, quick question for those smarter than I.

How do I change the names of my sqn roster (and get them to stay! changed)? Instead of the names that are in there now, is there a way to edit them and have them be what you want? I thought I read in a post somewhere that you could edit the names. After some snooping around in the OFF folders I found some folders with german, british, and french campaign pilot names in a txt file. But even though I edited them and 'saved' the file, the names in the in game roster were still unchanged.

Anywho, just thought i'd ask before the DiD campaign starts. I thought it would be cool to have Ruffus T. Firefly winging up with Sidney Williams, while W.L. Elder led the flight. drinks.gif

S!

Hey guys, quick question for those smarter than I.

How do I change the names of my sqn roster (and get them to stay! changed)? Instead of the names that are in there now, is there a way to edit them and have them be what you want? I thought I read in a post somewhere that you could edit the names. After some snooping around in the OFF folders I found some folders with german, british, and french campaign pilot names in a txt file. But even though I edited them and 'saved' the file, the names in the in game roster were still unchanged.

Anywho, just thought i'd ask before the DiD campaign starts. I thought it would be cool to have Ruffus T. Firefly winging up with Sidney Williams, while W.L. Elder led the flight. drinks.gif

S!

when you create a pilot, leave BHAH and open this folder:

D:\Programme\CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots (might also be c drive, depends where you have installed BHAH)

every new created pilot has a dossier file, named pilotxDossier. find the apropriate one and open it. it should look like below. the red marked lines show the names of your squadron mates. change it to the first and last names as you wish and save it. just don't overwrite the semicolons. only the names itself. when you now enter the campaign again you'll have the names you have typed in.

i usually do it everytime to erase the kills of new AI pilots. i don't like to see new members with already 8 kills.

Britain

RNAS-3

Flight Sub-Lieutenant

Daniel

Creaghorn

Null

Null

Null

Null

Null

Null

Null

Null

Null

C Sqn 1 Wing RNAS.bmp

Fighter

In Service

Flight Sub-Lieutenant Daniel Creaghorn joined C Sqn 1 Wing RNAS in the Spring of 1916. Initially based at the airfield of St-Pol-sur-Mer, Creaghorn set out to help achieve victory for Britain.

Flight Commander;Simon;Frehley;2;0;In Service

Flight Commander;Larry;McAulley;1;0;In Service

Flight Lieutenant;Lance;Clapp;0;0;Injured

Flight Lieutenant;Justin;Bodley;0;0;In Service

Flight Lieutenant;Roland;Rast;0;0;Missing

Flight Commander;Ethan;Carey;0;0;In Service

Flight Lieutenant;Robert;Lewis;0;0;In Service

Flight Lieutenant;Eric;Rowley;0;0;On leave

Flight Commander;Nicholas;Bathurst;0;0;In Service

Flight Commander;Ken;Coombs;1;0;In Service

Flight Commander;Greg;Whiting;0;0;On leave

Flight Lieutenant;Ian;Chickering;0;0;In Service

Flight Lieutenant;Jim;Dixie;0;0;In Service

Flight Commander;Wallace;Kilmer;0;0;In Service

N/A

N/A

C Sqn 1 Wing RNAS

Sopwith_Strutter_QC1

Spare

Sopwith Strutter

St-Pol-sur-Mer

Flanders

that's a good idea-- I hadn't even thought of editing the kills of new AI pilot arrivals!

I usually manually edit and replace the names when flying for the Lafayette Escadrille.

Thanks CH. That made it simple. Got it all set up now. Next round on me boys drinks.gif

Set up all the DiD campaign roster names now and RAS, or William C. Rasmussen I should say, is my trusted wingmate. cool.gif

S!