Sign in to follow this  
GwynO

Slow download speed on some files

Just wondering if anyone else has got this problem. I've had 5 files downloading now for well over half the day, and at 169B/sec one will take a further 2 days to dl. I thought it may have been an ISP limit, maybe they mistook the internet activity for peer to peer but that doesn't seem to be the case because other files from CA download all the time lightning fast, even alongside the problem ones today, NF4+ fix pack for example completed in under a minute. Files in question are Lindr2's Mig 27 and 23 files. Anyone else getting slow speed with these or just me?

Edited by GwynO

Guest rscsjsuso5

hope this helps

test your internet speed link http://www.speedtest.net/ also you could reset your cable/dsl modem and router for 5min then turn it back on 5min to get connectivity then it should be fast or u could flush dns via run command in xp or for wireless remove adapter/reboot system.

enjoy

hope this helps

test your internet speed link http://www.speedtest.net/ also you could reset your cable/dsl modem and router for 5min then turn it back on 5min to get connectivity then it should be fast or u could flush dns via run command in xp or for wireless remove adapter/reboot system.

enjoy

Thanks mate, the result was ping 45ms, download 2.40Mb/s, upload 0.45Mb/s. It says with that speed an 800MB file would take 44 minutes to dl, this sounds about right as Thirdwire games take about that to download. I would try those tips regarding flushing the DNS, resting the router, but I have been waiting for these all day, and if memory serves me right, this is exactly why i gave up on some of these before. Did you manage to get a good speed on these?

Thanks for the tips!

Guest rscsjsuso5

for lindrs mig23ub yes i use dsl/router. my father would stream chinese news over the net and so speed is slow even after he stops and so the threshold/base/max speed would sink then i just physically unplug dsl/router then replug it then everything would be fine to max speed (max speed150 after replug before 100) never would one press the reset button involved in dsl/router it might erase you internet connection info which enable it to connect.

enjoy

Seeing as all of today has resulted in just 3.7 Mb out of 42.5Mb and 3 days left to go.. what have I got to loose. I'll try asking Graham my flatmate to turn it off and on again. Thanks.

Thanks rscsjsus5, retried the downloads and got them all in 2 minutes! Strange interweb day. Now to get these into SF2E/I!!

There's three sides to the equation.

1. OUR EQUIPMENT + OUR CONNECTIVITY

2. THE CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN #1 and #3

3. YOUR EQUIPMENT + YOUR CONNECTIVITY

#1 is healthy I'll personally guarantee that.

#2 is always unknown as routes between computers can vary and routers / switches can have problems.

#3 is something you have to contend with and is best handled with your ISP.

You can try to download from both download locations Download #1 and Download #2. Since those machines are in two distinctly different data centers it may help determine if the route between you and us is congested or has problems. Long download times are usually caused by packet loss otherwise known as a poor connection. Try pinging google.com 100 times and see if your connection is consistent or has a lot of timeouts (dropped packets) in it.

E

There's three sides to the equation.

1. OUR EQUIPMENT + OUR CONNECTIVITY

2. THE CONNECTIVITY BETWEEN #1 and #3

3. YOUR EQUIPMENT + YOUR CONNECTIVITY

#1 is healthy I'll personally guarantee that.

#2 is always unknown as routes between computers can vary and routers / switches can have problems.

#3 is something you have to contend with and is best handled with your ISP.

You can try to download from both download locations Download #1 and Download #2. Since those machines are in two distinctly different data centers it may help determine if the route between you and us is congested or has problems. Long download times are usually caused by packet loss otherwise known as a poor connection. Try pinging google.com 100 times and see if your connection is consistent or has a lot of timeouts (dropped packets) in it.

E

Hi,

I did try the second download link for "http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=6576" but in this case, there isn't one. Issue was resolved by downloading different files of the same mod.

Cheers,

Gwyn.

Issue was resolved by downloading different files of the same mod.

I'm not sure how that would help if the files all came from here. Glad it's solved. Thanks.