Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

Hunter GA.11, FRADU, Fleet Air Arm

Hunter GA.11, FRADU, Fleet Air Arm

HAWKER HUNTER GA.11, Fleet Requirements and Air Direction Unit, Fleet Air Arm, Royal Navy, RNAS Yeovilton, 1970s

Stand-alone aircraft for SF2 (all variants) only

Contrary to popular belief, the Royal Navy fielded a number of squadrons of Hunters, primarily for training and second line duties, although these were also "mission-capable" if the need had arisen. FRADU was the last FAA unit to use the Hunter.

Further information and photographs here:

http://www.fradu-hunters.co.uk/index.html

Credits:

Spinners modified the Thirdwire stock Hunter FGA.9 to make it flyable, and fitted the cockpit. He also provided inspiration for decals.

A very smart scheme! I got the tanks to work by following the re-naming bit as you advised but then copying and pasting the original 'Hunter9' loadout.ini and the 'Hunter9' weapon station section of the data.ini into the relevant GA.11 inis.

A very smart scheme! I got the tanks to work by following the re-naming bit as you advised but then copying and pasting the original 'Hunter9' loadout.ini and the 'Hunter9' weapon station section of the data.ini into the relevant GA.11 inis.

Ja, since we've now got two versions of SF2 to deal with, it gets a bit confusing...

Watch this space - I'm on an all-grey late version soon, as well. Just got the decals to recolour and in two cases, replace; two aircraft from the original batch were lost and replaced. The replacements kept the same tac numbers but had different s/ns.