i am wondering about the skins released with some of the new birds like the F-15C/D. i notice that a seperate skin is released for every squadron it seems. i am working on a project to have a folder with tga's to draw from like the main stock game but that can be used for SEA wraparound Phantoms and Euro 1 Phantoms as well. it works great once i get placement of the next pieces worked out but i was wondering why most of the guys doing this for years dont do it that way? is it because its time comsuming(thankfully i have nothin but time right now) or does it affect something in the game to do it this way?

so far i imported the Euro 1 skin from Gen one over to all the pertinent Phantoms made a decal folder with all the stock tga's turned black(its labeled F-4Black) and edited the decal ini for each skin to simply read from that folder. viola! pick ya squadron and fly. i also changed a few tga to reflect the proper squadrons (SJ for 4TFW example) and added non functional slimers. its workin great in my low end set up but ive been working on it for bout a month now.

i am wondering about the skins released with some of the new birds like the F-15C/D. i notice that a seperate skin is released for every squadron it seems. i am working on a project to have a folder with tga's to draw from like the main stock game but that can be used for SEA wraparound Phantoms and Euro 1 Phantoms as well. it works great once i get placement of the next pieces worked out but i was wondering why most of the guys doing this for years dont do it that way? is it because its time comsuming(thankfully i have nothin but time right now) or does it affect something in the game to do it this way?

It doesn't affect anything at all. Some decals I do are actual tail codes, others that the stock uses are not the correct year serial. I also make my own when I want to put different things on the tail decal itself that one squadron won't have. Its all up to you though on you want to do it.

ok cool. i'm not looking for super accuracy but would like some options that arent there in stock. i also figured you guys put the tailcodes on the skins cause it might be faster. my way is proving to be a long process! one other question along this line... with working on phantoms there is alot out there already im mainly packaging it differently so it runs more like stock game. i hope to release this come feb when i get home and have a few people to ask permission of for things like the slimers. would i need to ask tk permission since the Euro 1 skin is from WOE? im also using that as a base to create a SEA Wraparound. i think i remember reading not to mess with the lod's from the game and everything else was kosher. want to make sure tho.

ok cool. i'm not looking for super accuracy but would like some options that arent there in stock. i also figured you guys put the tailcodes on the skins cause it might be faster. my way is proving to be a long process! one other question along this line... with working on phantoms there is alot out there already im mainly packaging it differently so it runs more like stock game. i hope to release this come feb when i get home and have a few people to ask permission of for things like the slimers. would i need to ask tk permission since the Euro 1 skin is from WOE? im also using that as a base to create a SEA Wraparound. i think i remember reading not to mess with the lod's from the game and everything else was kosher. want to make sure tho.

Skins are fair game as long as you give credit to the creators.