Sign in to follow this  
stingray77

Anybody using Saitek Rudder Pedals?

...and does applying the brakes by depressing both pedals at the same time work better (="gradually") instead of just "apply full brakes" or "release brakes" with the B-key?

Furthermore (as I have my three USB-hubs busy already) can the pedals be attached to the system via hub? I would not want to disconnect either the X52 or the TrackIr from the direct ports, but would have it share a port with the mouse then...

See, I'm looking for Christmas-gifts already! grin.gif

Edited by stingray77

Brakes in this series can only be mapped to a key or controller button, and not to a controller axis. Therefore, they can only either be fully applied, or fully disengaged

Edited by Fubar512

Yes, the brakes are only linked to an on or off brake button. However, for il-2, it is hard coded so that when you turn with the brakes on, it acts like differential braking to me so the aircraft turns a little like differential braking.

By the way, I have had these rudder pedals for over a year and they are some of the best I have ever had (since 1991 or so when I had some made of wood!). These are strong, offer resistance, are realistic and I highly recommend them and feel a lot like the real airplanes I have flown since the early 1970s.

Edited by ordway

Sounds cool... So, guess I'll write them on my wishlist.

And it should be no problem to assign the brakes to the pedals, I assume!? Any info about my hub question?