Sign in to follow this  
Bandy

BoB terrain tweaks possible?

Hi,

Was uncertain where to post this question, but figured this forum was as good as any. I in no way wish to demean anyone's efforts here, only to build upon a solid foundation that I have already thoroughly enjoyed for several years.

Gepard put togther a great Battle of Britain v 1.4 terrain, of that there is no doubt, thank you! It has been built upon by many others. I am wondering what, if anything, could be done to try to improve terrain detail along the coast, such as along the white cliffs of Dover. See for example the elevated coast along portions of Edward's Flanders terrain for First Eagles.

Can the terrain mesh be altered in terrain editor after the fact?

VivelaFlanders.jpg

The high data you cant change easily. i have tried to form the cliffs of Dover with a file named Kreidefelsen_hm.bmp or so. With the _hm file you can generate additionally hills on a tile. The weak point of this methode is, that objects which you want to place at this tile (for instance Flak, Radar, trucks etc) will sink into the earth. They sit of the high data ground level, not at the additionally high given by the _hm file.

Thanks for reply Gepard!

The limitations you speak of are of course disappointing.

Regardless, and perhaps just to flog a dead horse :deadhorse: (always wanted to use that one...) I'll look for that file "Kreidefelsen_hm.bmp or so".

Do I assume correctly that it is included in the latest BoB terrain? Or is this something you left out because of the limitations?

Yes, all 3 Kreidefelsen_hm.bmp files are included in the last Bob terrain. I think 1.4 was the last, if i remember right.