Sign in to follow this  
Duce Lewis

Multiplayer Question

Is there a way to connect 2 PC's directly together and fly joint missions?

If so, can anyone detail the nuts & bolts of getting a mission running?

Interface/Keystrokes, etc.

I met a co-worker who flys cfs3

I thinking I'll load P2 on my laptop & plug into his PC

Duce, it should be possible - I also want to try that soon.

I asked about it some time ago, and got this advice from MADMATT:

All graphic settings (or maybe even all "workshop" settings ?) must be identical on both rigs.

Then it should work.

I'll report, whenever I have made it to that point.

Its exacly the same way as you would do for 2 computers 1000 miles apart...the only differnce is that if you have a lan,,,the person joining can join the host by entering either the internal ip of the host (192.168.x.x), or if both compters are connected online, they can join by entering the external ip of the host.

But the host does nothing different from what is done for normal mp sessions,,,,,ie,,there is no procedure for a lan session,,and a different proceedure for a internet session...

there is a tuturial in the sticky section of the mp forum...should get you all you need to know (and them some)

but fyi,,,,if you can get both computers online,,,and have the other computer join thru the internet connection rather than the lan connection, you may find the game play better.

I did exactly what you are suggesting at home, ( set up a lan game) and i could not belive the amont of "jittering" on the aircraft. I dont belive the jittering is purely lag. Generally when you have lag,,the plane will freeze for a split second,,then quickly appear at another point....jittering is something else,,,,

Edited by sitting_duck

Thanks sitting ducl/everyone,

I checked out your MP Stickie

Lots of great info

You sure have put a lot of effort in

As far as the lan connection; wiill a simple ethernet cable connection work?

hmm,,,good question....

going to assume your talking about just networking 2 computers....no router.....

this tells the different cables you have to have depending on if you have a hub or not

http://sawaal.ibibo.com/computers-and-technology/what-difference-between-patch-cable-crossover-cable-409909.html

i suppose,,,as long as you know the internal ip of the host,,,the other computer would be able to join.

not sure what is going to happen if both computers have the same internal ip

in any case,,,let us know!

hmm,,,good question....

going to assume your talking about just networking 2 computers....no router.....

this tells the different cables you have to have depending on if you have a hub or not

http://sawaal.ibibo....ble-409909.html

i suppose,,,as long as you know the internal ip of the host,,,the other computer would be able to join.

not sure what is going to happen if both computers have the same internal ip

in any case,,,let us know!

Thanks, I'll give it a try