Sign in to follow this  
Acidrain

FarCry 3 Confirmed

Far Cry 3 is in development and looking "pretty exciting", an Ubisoft scriptwriter has told Official PlayStation Magazine. Speaking at a recent Avatar junket, OPM asked Ubisoft scribe Kevin Shortt if he was working on a third Far Cry title and instead of the usual "no comment", the mag received a refreshing response... "No I'm not," he replied honestly. "But I know the team are and what I've seen looks pretty exciting." Far Cry 3 confirmed then, just like that. Other than that blatant response, it's mostly guess work so far on what we should expect from Far Cry 3. Last year though narrative designer Patrick Redding did mention that a sequel would likely retain an African setting, though he also mentioned Antarctica as a possibility. It's also probable the third game will be based around an improved version of the Dunia engine, OPM points out, which was specifically built to handle complex real-world physics within a sandbox environment. Source: Blue News

I know a lot of people bashed FC2, but I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't the revolution the first FC was, but it was a decent open-world FPS with a few flaws like the respawning checkpoints marring it.