Sign in to follow this  
Knegel

Two different Controllers and the mouse wheel ......

Hi,

we just did implement the possibility to use two different controllers (Joystick + external rudder pedals for example).

Also the mouse wheel can get used as throttle(some people who look with the mouse did ask for it).

Greetings,

Knegel

Hmmm... that 2-stick thing would be really useful. Is it something for the next release? BTW how's screen tearing fix progressing? :blink:

Hmmm... that 2-stick thing would be really useful. Is it something for the next release? BTW how's screen tearing fix progressing? :blink:

Hi,

we already did release a exe with some new features, including also the 2nd controller thingi.

The Screen tearing fix is almost ready. The code work is done, we just work on the needed new screens(there are a lot in EAW, but most are ready by now).

Here from a other post at SimHQ:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what "JoinMayhem4" include:

1. The possibility to join a already running ground started Mayhem game.

This is very nice for team mayhems, cause we can select up to 4 Homebases.

A little drawback is that only the host can determine the up to 4 different plane types to be used. On the other hand this can be a advantage, cause then the people dont always only take the absolut best planes in game.

All this is very good for seccions where any people take part, cause as we know, often someone wont reach the game while the initial game start and if someone want to adjust his stick or a other personel setup(resolution, graphic quality etc), he now can leave the game and come back.

NOTE: Only the new "ground started mayhem" support the possibility to join a game after it started!! The default game possibilitys remain unchanged!

2. New "Mission End" and "Quit Game" routines and dissabled "Pause", for Multiplayer sessions.

For now it was easy possible to Pause a netgame by accident, cause a simple push to "esc" was enough and also "Alt + Q" paused the game for all.

The possibility to Pause a Multiplayer game is ugly all other, specialy if many people take part of the game. So we dissabled the possibility to Pause a game all over.

To End a mission, the player need to push "esc" for around 5 seconds. To Quit the complete game, the player need to push "Alt + Q" for around 2 sec. No Yes/NO Question will appear in both cases!

3. A adjusted Warp correction.

This should prevent the Stall-bug, where the planes always rolled to one direction, then they flicked back to the normal flight position.

4. The possibility to use a 2nd controller and to define which controller shal get used, if more are present.

For this we get this 5 new EAW.ini entrys:

Device Port1=1

Device Port2=2

Rudder Device=1

Throttle Device=1

Stick Device=1

The 1st two define whih devices get used. There might be 3 or more. Note: Only the Stickkeys of "Device Port1" get used in EAW. If you want to use also the stick keys of "Device Port2", this controller need a sticksoftware, which make you able to assign Keyboaed keys to this controller. This assigned key´s then can get used in EAW.

Example:

I have a very cheap stick, without software, i adjusted the EAW.ini to use it as "Device Port1", so the buttons work. Additionally i have a Logitec WingmanExtreme3dPro. With help of the Wingmand Profiler software iam able to assingn keyboard buttons to the Stick buttons. Now i can(could) use the buttons of both sticks in EAW.

5. The Mousewheel can get used as throttle(Set Throttle Device=0).

6. The Preflight chat now can get activated permanent.

By default we had to activate it again, after every message we send, by pushing any key. This was pretty much disturbing, cause often the 1st charachter then was missing, cause the 1st key command only did activate the chat.

Now the chat stay activated, until we make a "right mouse click", then it stay deactivated, until we press another key.

7. We got the possibility to use a WEP button.

This only work for planes that are modeled with WEP!!

The WEP toggle key is the "Throttle 100%" key(configure game --> controlls --> advanced --> flight). If you start a game, WEP is available, by pushing "Throttle 100%", you will deactivate it, then the Max Throttle get reduced to a value where the engine wont overheat in a normal flight(if you park on the runway with max throttle, the engine still might overheat). Pushing "Throttle 100%" again reenable the maximum possible Throttle.

This should help you to fly with the best plane performence, without to cock your engine.

If you take a look to the rpm, you will see that only a little reduced throttle is needed to prevent overheat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will offer a D/L link asap!

Greetings,

Knegel

Found the updated exe at SimHQ - got the X-52 pro and pedals to work, without the throttle so far. :good:

Found the updated exe at SimHQ - got the X-52 pro and pedals to work, without the throttle so far. :good:

Hi,

isnt the XP52 throttle a part of the X-52 stick??

One of the following setups shopuld work for you(it depends to which of your controllers is the 1st in the Windows list)

Device Port1=1

Device Port2=2

Rudder Device=1

Throttle Device=2

Stick Device=2

or

Device Port1=2

Device Port2=1

Rudder Device=1

Throttle Device=2

Stick Device=2

or

Device Port1=1

Device Port2=2

Rudder Device=2

Throttle Device=1

Stick Device=1

or

Device Port1=2

Device Port2=1

Rudder Device=2

Throttle Device=1

Stick Device=1

Greetings,

Knegel

Edit: The link to the exe: http://www.users.on.net/pam_biddell/EAW1.28c_JoinMayhem05.zip

Edited by Knegel

btw. with the above exe you also can re-arm your guns.

You need to land the plane on a airbase, move the plane close to a Hangar, then stop the engine and enable the brakes. around 30 seconds later your guns have been re-armed.

We are working on it.

On the strength of getting it working I bought some Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals two days ago.

The upshot was that the exe no longer recognised the throttle on either my Sidewinder of Logitech joysticks, and remained "greyed out" on the config screen.

Discussing this with Ralf flying on GameRanger tonight he has produced an exe where even though the throttle detection may not happen it can be selected.

As a result my joysticks work in conjunction with the rudder pedals.

One problem remains- it is not detecting Force Feedback, and although we have made it selectable, the Logitech JS is not producing any FF effects.

We will keep you posted.

:) Jel

Hello,

yes, we found a bug, where the throttle got dissabled when the 2nd controller miss a throttle.

Same goes for the FF support.

Both work now and Jelly will update the download file soon.

Greetings,

Knegel

Just confirming that the updated exe allows me to use my Saitek rudder pedals and Logitech force feedback 3D joystick together :good:

The force feedback option is not available (in EAW configuration) if I have my non-force feedback sidewinder plugged in, which is exactly as it should be.

Jel :smile: