Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Biohaz Is Changing!

Well, it's been pretty quiet around here the last 2 months and I'm sure a lot of you have been wondering if Biohaz was drying up and blowing away. I want to assure everyone that this is not the case, in fact far from it! Deep in the Biohaz mountain fortress, a few of us have been working on a new project, and now that it's almost ready for prime-time I can reveal it at last. B)

Starting next week, we will be moving the site to a new host (PowWeb) as well as unveiling a completely new site redesign and layout. We've had too many problems and limitations with our existing site software and webhost, and so we are moving to new software as well as a better provider. All in all, there are going to be a lot of changes, but hopefully all for the better. Some of the new changes will include:

• More Bandwidth (5Gb/Day)
  • Better, easy to navigate site layout
  • New Look and Feel
  • Stability with our webhost

What won't change is our content. We will still be focusing on Combat Sim news and views, but now that the technical hurdles we've had the past 6 months are over, we can focus on more news, more articles, more reviews/previews, and more files. We want Biohaz to grow, and this project is the foundation we need to become THE place to come for sim news and content. We've got some big plans, so stay tuned and spread the word.

Once the new site is in place over the weekend and everything is ready, I will point DNS to the new servers, so the first of next week we might have some weirdness as DNS propogates the new address. But stay tuned, as I'll be posting more on the new changes and additions in the coming weekend.

We the staff are excited about the new changes, and I hope you will be as well. :lol:

Looking good Jeff, good work

Tuff

Yes, I agree. Nicely done.

It's great not having to look at a very white front page anymore....