Sign in to follow this  
swambast

How do I resize a .TGA file

Hi All, working on some cloud modding which is outside my wheelhouse....anyway, what really are .TGA files (e.g., special .bmps, .jpgs, etc.?) and how can I properly resize them to ensure that the transparency channels/layers are retained? Thanks in Advance for suggestions.

Hmmm, OK - think I've got a solution going here with GIMP...

Using Photoshop, I having had any problem going up or down in size. At least with decals!!!

Image --> resize --> input number, remember to use whole, square units (ie: 128x128, 256x256, etc). ALL images in the 3W game are "square"

Not exactly sure how it works, but maybe it see the "whole" image, including the alpha, and changes accordinly.

how big or small are you going?

wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Kevin, I figured it out using Gimp 2...I'm resizing HorizonClouds down from 1024 to 512 for better performance (I think...testing to follow) and the the trick with GIMP is that you HAVE to make sure you uncheck the default "RLE Compression" when saving, otherwise you will lose the alpha/transparency channels.