Sign in to follow this  
Chaingun

History Channel

Been watching the Band of Brothers being broadcast on the History Channel this week, and I can tell ya. This really makes you feel for what these guys go through in a real war (at least as close as you can get to it without being involved in it). It's sad that we as a society still can't manage to come up with a better way to deal with our differences than to kill each other. Maybe one day we'll be able to sit down and work out ideas and differences in a calm and rational manner.

Great program otherwise, very well put together.

Anyway, enuff of that stuff. Back to real life. ;)

Luckily I have the DVD set and have seen the series about 4 times. There's just way too much NHL hockey on right now try to watch anything else! Man I love the playoffs! :D

You are right though, Band of Brothers makes you feel as if you really know these guys. Very well done.

Not to derail the thread...but What the heck does anyone every see in Hockey? Today Indianapolis lost their semi-pro league "The Ice"...good riddens....I honestly think that Arena Football is more enjoying..

Yeah Snapple...I know...it may be fun to play...but as a spectator..there just aint no point scoring to make the game more interesting. If Hockey got a scoring overhaul that let's say...making games like 14-20 scores...then...I'd be interested.

Anyway...Yes...I have the DVD set as well...seen it countless times...the best war series I've ever seen to date.

<C>

Fates

Hey now, they score just as often in pro-football, as they do in hockey.... would shoot outs get you interested? (shift to my thread for reply, no need to hijack this one :lol: )

Band o Brothers is awesome BTW.