Sign in to follow this  
Redkite

Quick scenario problem

I looked through the forum but didn't come across anyone else experiencing instant death in quick scenarios, as soon as the scenario ie 20 v 20 loads, in a fraction of a second my plane and I disintegrate into a red screen. Is this known to anyone?

Happy holidays

Redkite,

I get the same if I take the Camel. It looks like your wingman spawns very close at about 11 o'clock. When you first spawn there is a momentary pitch up and that's it! Dead again.

I managed to avoid my wingie by pitching down and side slipping left as the sim starts.

Alternately fly the DR1, your wingies both shave your nose BUT miss some how.

Curious.

HTH.

Edited by IV/JG1_Kaiser

pm BH Dutch,,,,or axgrinder...they know how to change the spacing on the planes. Im sure they will be glad to email you corrected missions.

it happens to us all the times in mp unless we fly the modified missions. The devs just made the planes too damn close.

The FAQ helped a bit:

http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#A33

However, I would still be interested in the modified files. It is annoying hitting the pause button (which has to be perfect timing) and then make sure I do everything perfect in less than a second. Is there a link to the modified scenerios?

Thanks!

Thank you Sitting Duck!

I was curious what files you modify. Is it just the XML files in the Mission folder? I was going to mess around with it myself. Seems pretty straight forward.

opps..sorry,,,got sidetracked on this thread..

start>all programs>over flanders fields>mission builder,,,this is the only way you can start it. DO NOT make a shortcut for MB,,it wont work...

click on open,,,navigate to the scenarios folder,,and find the mission you want to modify...

use the + on the keyboard, and the hand icon to keep the formation centered,,and zoom in close (the planes are so close, the plane icons overlap)

once your zoomed in,,,just grap the plane icons with the cursor,,and spread them apart a little...then save the mission..

if i left out anything,,,or was to vauge..let me know..