Sign in to follow this  
Saint19

Controlling - type of text displayed

Hi all,

I've got how to change "text" details on screen using Alt-D, and also setting the Visual Targeting, and HUD to Hard/Normal depending on what I want to do. However, there are times where I just can't seem to find out information such as how I've got my flaps, radar range ECM,, etc set at. I don't see an instrument in some of the planes to give me that info. So I'd like to ONLY SEE that type of info. I do not want targeting information such as type of enemy plane, and their particulars. I want to have to identify targets the old fashioned way. :) Is there a way to set exactly what text info is displayed on the screen? Thanx for your help.

Saint19

It all depends on the aircraft.

Some have indicaters for things such as ECM and landing gear. Most of the old ones have nothing so you have to pay attention to what you are doing. Just remember, "Gearup, flapsup" and "Geardown, flapsdown".

When in doubt of stuff like radar range just toggle through to make sure.

The initial settings can be changed in your options menu. Go there and you will be able to put things to where you want.

Thanx L.T. :)

I'm also trying to figure out what would be a good plane to start with. I've got the combo pack so am loaded with planes at the moment. I like ground pounding mostly...but don't mind mixing it up in ACM either. But you see... "Ironhand's my thing"...HAHAHAHAHA. I always wanted to say that. I think I'll start in Vietnam. Any suggestions for a good plane to start with? ...other than the awesome Phantom of course. :)

If Iron Hand is your thing, you could fly F-105s during Linebacker 1 and 2 in WOV. In WOE after hooking up the Nato Fighters mods you can try the F-4G.

It all depends on the aircraft.

Does this mean that it can be modified for every planes?

One of the reasons I fly with the "speedbar" on, is because I need to know my throttle setting. I haven't gotten the numbers for fuel flow or whathaveyou, I go by throttle percentage. It would be nice if it could pop on screen momentarily when you change throttle setting, and thereby allow me to edit huddata.ini to make the rest of it go away.

Does this mean that it can be modified for every planes?

One of the reasons I fly with the "speedbar" on, is because I need to know my throttle setting. I haven't gotten the numbers for fuel flow or whathaveyou, I go by throttle percentage. It would be nice if it could pop on screen momentarily when you change throttle setting, and thereby allow me to edit huddata.ini to make the rest of it go away.

Throttle setting is really meaningless, other than idle or outboard into AB (which isn't modeled both ingame, and in hardware). My advice, watch the tachometer....most aircraft of the era cruise best between 80 and 90% RPMs at altitude. Also, every model that I'm aware of has either a fuel flow guage or a totalizer.

Throttle setting is really meaningless, other than idle or outboard into AB (which isn't modeled both ingame, and in hardware). My advice, watch the tachometer....most aircraft of the era cruise best between 80 and 90% RPMs at altitude. Also, every model that I'm aware of has either a fuel flow guage or a totalizer.

It's meaningful and helpful to ME, and it's something I would really like to have set up if at all possible.

Time to start watching gauges, then, huh???

wrench

kevin stein