Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

Some Christmas Advice

merry christmas everyone. as the kids are settling down to their new games and the disney parade on tv i am pondering what to do with a prepaid credit card. i am thinking of makin a lil trip to the third wire store for another gen 2 game but which one? also i only have SF2E and am curious what issues ill have if i load SF2 or SF2V on my laptop. i appreiciate your input on this guys.

You'll need to install them in release order to prevent issues when updating them (SF, then SF2, SF2E, and finally SF2I). I would suggest going with SF2I, as it should have no problems installing over SF2E.

i appreciate it fubar. has the patch for SF2I fixed any issues with mods that have been encountered? shouldn't affect NF4+ as thats going on the family desktop when we get home but i have two installs of SF2E on my laptop one fairly vanilla with some mods on my Phantoms and one that i'm loading many 50's era jets on to try something different. just tryin to have as few hiccups as poss when i load a new series on.

i appreciate it fubar. has the patch for SF2I fixed any issues with mods that have been encountered? shouldn't affect NF4+ as thats going on the family desktop when we get home but i have two installs of SF2E on my laptop one fairly vanilla with some mods on my Phantoms and one that i'm loading many 50's era jets on to try something different. just tryin to have as few hiccups as poss when i load a new series on.

Well, any of the SF2 titles that you can download now, are patched to the Dec09 level, which is not officially supported by NF4+. You can try overcoming this, by using Stary's latest GermanyCE terrain (he made it Dec09 compliant), but I can all but guarantee that you'll still encounter minor issues in several other areas.

Wouldn't prevent me from upgrading, though :good: