Sign in to follow this  
gregoryp

B-17G vs Fw200C

Just messing around testing stuff. Kind of neat to watch the turret gunners slug it out with each other.

Image a fight with tail gunners only where the object is to put the other plane on your tail :)

post-23661-12617974754888.jpg

post-23661-12617974876616.jpg

for even more fun, Google B-17 vs Mavis flying boat (or b-24/pb4y-1 vs Emily)

as to who would win???? I'd put my money on the Fort. It was designed from the outset (model 299 in 1935) as a long range bomber, NOT as a Lufthansa airliner, with turrets and weapons stations 'shoved in' (not even gonna mention the main wing spar failures on the Condor...)

wrench

kevin stein

The winner, well on the first head on pass the Condor's 2 Forward Firing turrets (20 mm Cannons) were able to out range the B-17G's 50 Cal's. Afterwards, at the merge I had to dive down (The Condors lower Cannon has a small traverse range) and then pull up into the Condor from behind. As long as you stay below the Condor, you'll have 6 50 Cals' (Nose, forward and top turrets) out ranging a single 30 cal. Of course the AI Condor doesn't like you there. :)