Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

Era-specific, stand alone SF2 install?

Title says it all ... I want detailed, yet simple to follow, step-by-step instructions on creating an era-specific install for SF2. Pictures would be nice, too. After it's done, said data will go into the SF2 KB.

I want it all by itself, like we've always done with 1st Gens; none of this merged crap, none of the 'still have all this modern/post modern junk hanging around, taking up HD space'. Simple, direct, and self contained within ITSELF, with only the items needed for said specific era.

Yes, I've looked through the SF2 KB, and it's pretty unrevealing to this pointed question.

wrench

kevin stein

Check the KB :grin:

No seriously, the best way is just alot of editing. You're going to have to edit the map so it sticks with a certain set, like the SF2V style, where it's limited from (if my mind serves me right) '65 to '74ish. You can still use modern stuff, but the usable year will only be the start year. Then with the plug and play weapons, just delete the folders of the weapons that you don't want and the game will adjust the weapondata it's own way to your deletion ideas. Because unlike SF1 series, a lot of of the setup is more customizable than the older version. While I still have alot of the older weapons still hanging around, I keep them around in case I switch planes and time periods (modern to 'Nam days right now) I still got the set going on.