Sign in to follow this  
GaryR

Aces High adding WWI

May be old news but I just saw it here - http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html . It certainly can't compete in any way with this sim overall but for online play it will allow free-flowing missions with squadrons - all human pilots - with seamless stutter free online flying. I used to love AH, may do so again!

Yeah, might be worth a look (especially if the two weeks free trial is an option)

Yeah, might be worth a look (especially if the two weeks free trial is an option)

Can't see why it wouldn't be. If we time it correctly we could get a squadron together when it is released and all try the 2 weeks at the same time. Like AH (and RL) itself, squadrons make ALL the difference..

May be old news but I just saw it here - http://www.hitechcre...om/frindex.html . It certainly can't compete in any way with this sim overall but for online play it will allow free-flowing missions with squadrons - all human pilots - with seamless stutter free online flying. I used to love AH, may do so again!

GaryR,

Thanks for the info. HiTech has had Dawn of Aces (Now Flyboys Squadron) going for years. I'm not sure what he's attempting to acomplish in adding Great War aircraft to the Aces High package.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what the IL-2 modders do with Canvas Knights. With the MP functionality that currently exists within IL-2, this mod has serious MP potential.

I just hope ODB place OFF MP functionality high on their list of priorities soon before we start losing parts of the community to this when it arrives.

Vasco :pilotfly:

GaryR,

Thanks for the info. HiTech has had Dawn of Aces (Now Flyboys Squadron) going for years. I'm not sure what he's attempting to acomplish in adding Great War aircraft to the Aces High package.

Personally, I'm waiting to see what the IL-2 modders do with Canvas Knights. With the MP functionality that currently exists within IL-2, this mod has serious MP potential.

I just hope ODB place OFF MP functionality high on their list of priorities soon before we start losing parts of the community to this when it arrives.

It's my understanding that the MP code is embedded in the CFS3 source code and as such can't be modified in any way, but I hope i'm wrong. Either way, I love BHaH for the campaign play, but online it's another story.. I'm with you on Canvas Knights also, been following it's progress. Hitech's DOA was never populated with numbers like the WWII arena's and kind of died out. Not sure what the difference will be with the new WWI sim..

It's my understanding that the MP code is embedded in the CFS3 source code and as such can't be modified in any way, but I hope i'm wrong. Either way, I love BHaH for the campaign play, but online it's another story.. I'm with you on Canvas Knights also, been following it's progress. Hitech's DOA was never populated with numbers like the WWII arena's and kind of died out. Not sure what the difference will be with the new WWI sim..

GaryR,

ODB cracked the source code to sort out the problem with severe turbulence in cloud that was ripping the wings of our kites. They're already in the heart of the machine, it's just there doesn't appear to be any appetite to pursue it at the moment.

It's this community and heros like Sitting Duck and Stumpjumper who are keeping this aspect of this sim alive, not the developers. Releasing HitR without identifying that two of the new aircraft shared the same fault in MP with four others already in the game gives some indication of how high MP is in their list of priorities currently.

Thank God that Winder's got the MP plane fix in his list of priorities for the upcoming HitR patches. I only hope they stumble upon the reason for stuttering aircraft and the problem with player-flown aircraft being drawn with the incorrect attitude during dogfights and fix it. Once that's acheived I'd happily drop-kick any other Great War sim into touch and start designing eight-a-side MP campaigns and start badgering ODB to lift the 16-player limit on MP to 64!

But then maybe I'm :deadhorse:

Edited by Vasco

ty vasco,,but dont leave out ax....mp has always seem to go from 2-3 players,,up to 6 players,,back down to 2-3 players..and ax has always been in the mix, even when things got scarce...

Thanks Duck I try. As you know, I split my time between IL-2 MP and OFF MP unfortunately I don't fly either as much as I used to. But WW1 has always been my favorite era for flight sims. PD even ribs me sometimes about OFF. And Once Canvas Knights does come out it will be hard to choose which sim to fly. If the developers would invest more time in the MP aspect of OFF it would be easier to choose! A big factor is the guys I come in contact with flying MP. So far everyone has been top notch guys to fly with!drinks.gif

Although I very rarely dip my toes into MP (not least as I don't have a lot of time).. I cannot help but respect the guys previously mentioned for the work they have done with MP....and I hold them in great esteem for proving that individual skins CAN be used (and now are)....for which many people (especially us hobbyist skinners) owe a large debt of gratitude! :drinks: