Here we are beyond the Great Wall with our friend Erwin Hans ....

post-5138-12627969008154.jpg

post-5138-12627969244522.jpg

post-5138-12627969414189.jpg

post-5138-12627969708444.jpg

.... over Kep airfield ...

post-5138-12627970092414.jpg

... and finally near Otranto straits

post-5138-12627969837888.jpg

If You'ld have North Korean references I'll add another piece to the collection.

Incominig NOW.

Paul :yes:

Edited by paulopanz

Guest rscsjsuso5

good work paulopanz just a very small hint decals can vary and that num can also be for chinese characters and also for wing insignia can have 2 or four depends on historical sense . for historical skins goto avsim for creative skins goto marcfighters and for the basic creative skins search here at CA . very good work if you happen to install the skins from avsim u will get alot of chinese characters for ccp propoganda during ww2 time between plaaf and rocaf.

:drinks::good:

good work paulopanz just a very small hint decals can vary and that num can also be for chinese characters and also for wing insignia can have 2 or four depends on historical sense . for historical skins goto avsim for creative skins goto marcfighters and for the basic creative skins search here at CA . very good work if you happen to install the skins from avsim u will get alot of chinese characters for ccp propoganda during ww2 time between plaaf and rocaf.

Hi, the pack is slowly uploading now .... but if You have some specific suggestions, please PM everything, and I'll make a 1.1 version soon, following Your hints.

I took numbers (fillinig some gaps with pictures on webn and adding some to reach the whole 100 decal set) from Y. Gordon MiG-17F "bible". The fonts are sent to me from Erwin Hans. I know that there were several types.

The pictures I included in the pack are what I tried to make.

J-6C and J-6III with Spillone's addicyion are in the works now ...

I'll be glad to learn from You about these historical planes.

Paul :drinks::good:

P.S. files waiting approval now.

Edited by paulopanz

Guest rscsjsuso5

thanks for fast reply paulopanz here are some of my screens of j-5 1 seater and 2 seater and to answer your question is what ever the community has i have and if their is a mistake in a specific mod like olds stuff found on avsim then i do my best to fix it , skins can vary for any j-5 as well as your earlier post about j-6, from a proper evaluation the insignia work well on all models whether stock or created but the num decals need work roughly from all modders.

picture 1 - j-5 over taiwain strait ready for battle with taiwan f-86 showing propganda of the ccp

picture 2 - showing the very close ties with the soviets a historical skin during heated and close military ties between sino/soviet

picture 3- another propoganda plane ready for take off

picture 4- double seater j-5 shows pre production model as num decal is still sovietstyle and also wing insignia needs rotation , stressing the words pre production model early years until decals can be changed to chinese versions.

picture 5- j-5 doulbe seater showing august 1 aerobatics team but in reality now the j-10 is the official aug 1 aerobatics team with j-7 . this plane is very historical showing skin of the establishment of plaaf on aug 1 during the 40s

picture 6- war time ready j-5a

enjoy these pictures as far as your great packs go its going to be a pig pack porbably equal to the size link lindrs mig 23 same goes for the j-6 a lot of work

small suggestion make sure wing insignia are on both sides left top/bottom and right also its up to you keep the same as a pre production model or change it what ever you wish , both is correct.

post-46688-12628099407385.jpg

post-46688-12628099601908.jpg

post-46688-12628099754028.jpg

post-46688-12628099869465.jpg

post-46688-12628100132354.jpg

post-46688-12628100240322.jpg

J-5A coming next, yesh?

Do You read in minds?

... Maybe or maybe an F-6 or a J-6. :drinks:

quote name='rscsjsuso5' date='06 January 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1262810060' post='374144']

thanks for fast reply paulopanz here are some of my screens of j-5 1 seater and 2 seater and to answer your question is what ever the community has i have and if their is a mistake in a specific mod like olds stuff found on avsim then i do my best to fix it , skins can vary for any j-5 as well as your earlier post about j-6, from a proper evaluation the insignia work well on all models whether stock or created but the num decals need work roughly from all modders.

picture 1 - j-5 over taiwain strait ready for battle with taiwan f-86 showing propganda of the ccp

picture 2 - showing the very close ties with the soviets a historical skin during heated and close military ties between sino/soviet

picture 4- double seater j-5 shows pre production model as num decal is still sovietstyle and also wing insignia needs rotation , stressing the words pre production model early years until decals can be changed to chinese versions.

picture 5- j-5 doulbe seater showing august 1 aerobatics team but in reality now the j-10 is the official aug 1 aerobatics team with j-7 . this plane is very historical showing skin of the establishment of plaaf on aug 1 during the 40s

enjoy these pictures as far as your great packs go its going to be a pig pack porbably equal to the size link lindrs mig 23 same goes for the j-6 a lot of work

small suggestion make sure wing insignia are on both sides left top/bottom and right also its up to you keep the same as a pre production model or change it what ever you wish , both is correct.

Thank You for Your help.

I have those propaganda skins somewhere....

Some questions:

If you have correct numbers send please.

Insigna on both wings?

Where are the 2 seaters (mig-15UTI) beautiful skins?

...but the J-5A not was a Mig-17PF??

Paul :bye:

Edited by paulopanz

Guest rscsjsuso5

Do You read in minds?

... Maybe or maybe an F-6 or a J-6. :drinks:

quote name='rscsjsuso5' date='06 January 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1262810060' post='374144']

Thank You for Your help.

I have those propaganda skins somewhere....

Some questions:

If you have correct numbers send please.

Insigna on both wings?

Where are the 2 seaters (mig-15UTI) beautiful skins?

...but the J-5A not was a Mig-17PF??

Paul :bye:

hi paulopanz to answer your questions

maybe we read each others minds comrade :drinks:

for the insignia on both wings it should be in your decal.ini also i use stock insignia as it shows up better without any distortion.

insignia 0 3 number callout hope you understand what i mean when u imput info in the decal.ini

for the skins the dub seat goto column5 download aircraft and thus create the skin and for the red skin http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=4510

to answer your question on j5a/mig17pf u are correct its no the same but just experiment around since china made alot of upgrades to the aircraft/variant hope u understand

enjoy also search around a lot of work off to fix some old stuff at avsim.

These propagandas are just updated ...

post-5138-12628150408704.jpg

post-5138-12628150512253.jpgpost-5138-12628150614738.jpg

... but I can't understand You about numbers:

the serials I found have all 4/5 digits.

I can make them using old TW fonts like the first pic here http://forum.combatace.com/topic/51473-farmers-of-the-world/ or new fonts http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=38767

In fact I used some new fonts taken from the Erwin Hans source.

I hope that You can tell me wich one(s) are correct at last (for the incoming J-6/J-6C/J-6III,too). :heat:

Paul :rofl:

Guest rscsjsuso5

I can make them using old TW fonts like the first pic here http://forum.combata...s-of-the-world/ or new fonts http://forum.combata...attach_id=38767

I hope that You can tell me wich one(s) are correct at last (for the incoming J-6/J-6C/J-6III,too). :heat:

Paul :rofl:

great pics

to answer ur questions

as far as for the decal/num i'm looking forward to a wonderful and proper decal of yours . to clarify is that numbers can vary between 2-5 digits ,remember can vary. the creators of the j5/6 in chinese aicraft section failed to create a proper decal/num some tga distorts and some might show up in the game , this is fast cut and paste and no test . like i said i really looking forword to your creation with erwins proper num.

to tell u about the correct num for the variant model depends on u , early models use sovnum and latest use 5digit num.

enjoy

I can make them using old TW fonts like the first pic here http://forum.combata...s-of-the-world/ or new fonts http://forum.combata...attach_id=38767

I hope that You can tell me wich one(s) are correct at last (for the incoming J-6/J-6C/J-6III,too). heat.gif

Paul rofl.gif

These propagandas was used in a mad age....

Thus this,they were not combat skins.

I have a pic shows a J-7 prototype with same characters ...

About J-5A

j5a_3.jpg

j5a_2.jpg

j5a_radar_1.jpgj5a_radar_2.jpgj5a_1.jpg

j5_1.jpg

Edited by Erwin_Hans

Plus:

I checked some historcal photos

I found that the serie numbers is:

The first J-5 is "中0101"But this is not the combat serie number.

The first serie number must be 0001 or 0101.

j5_0.jpg

We know the most correct J-5 serie number is 4 numbers,not 5 numbers after reskin.

And we know there are few J-5 left after 1975,so we should check the "4"numbers...

After J-6 start into service,most J-5 got a A/G gunsight instead of ex-A/A gunsight,and these J-5 could be 5 numbers.

And some J-5 left now update to targert drone....they have 5 numbers,like this.

j5_uav.jpg

And I checked:

j5_fire_1.jpg

j5_3.jpg

82425_568222.jpg

11c8f52a-2544-43c1-b637-7d607d9f646f.JPG

01300000172320121410943609230.jpg

20091115074542-2146954498.jpg

20090128-6.jpg

So it could be like this:

J-5 number is form 1001 to 1xxx,we know J-5A was producted 767 fighters

But what about 0xxx? I think they are USSR built MiG-17Fs?...

3637 could be not correct number...because it is stand alone with more uncorrect numbered planes....(Most of them reskined)

I understood that beyond the Great Wall there is some numbers confusion ... :blink::yikes:

But if the clarification made by Erwin Hans is correct we could say:

1. There are a lot of propaganda and fake pics to pull away;

2. Chinese production J-5 were 4 digit numbers 1001 or 1101 onwards;

3. Later changed in 5 digit numbers;

I could make two historical/possible decal serials for early and late planes (es. silver - camo skins)

But which fonts to use? TW old, the other used in my pack or some other from Erwin's source?

I can make any number in the shape You like, for the J-6 serie, too.

Just say which one(s) :good:

Paul :drinks:

I understood that beyond the Great Wall there is some numbers confusion ... blink.gifyikes.gif

But if the clarification made by Erwin Hans is correct we could say:

1. There are a lot of propaganda and fake pics to pull away;

2. Chinese production J-5 were 4 digit numbers 1001 or 1101 onwards;

3. Later changed in 5 digit numbers;

I could make two historical/possible decal serials for early and late planes (es. silver - camo skins)

But which fonts to use? TW old, the other used in my pack or some other from Erwin's source?

I can make any number in the shape You like, for the J-6 serie, too.

Just say which one(s) good.gif

Paul drinks.gif

Plus:

5 digit numbers is much more easier to read than 4 digit numbers....

I have read a list for this.

Later translate....

Guest rscsjsuso5

hey paulopanz its up to u on the numbers for the j5/6 pack , we the community thank u for your great creativity and take anything that comes our way , good job on the mods/pack. i would like to say thanks to paulopanz for the interset in chinese aircraft and also to erwin who contributed a lot of great aircrafts good work people.

:drinks: thank u and xie xie(thanks in chinese) :salute:

Red aircraft are sexy!!!

grin.gif