Sign in to follow this  
Polovski

HAT IN THE RING! Expansion UPDATE 1.47 is NOW AVAILABLE

One Zero -the weather in realistic mode is based on historical data. The weather really was bad. Given they did fly on iffy days, there was a war on.

If you don't like those things, try the copious options in WORKSHOP. Things like random weather, change the AI gun range, 2 seater skill etc.

The missing planes? Yes everyone says where is the <insert favourite craft here>. Takes time, we'll get there one day lol.

The front lines are pretty accurate (more than just about any WW1 I can think of ever) some areas were not clearly defined, and broken with untouched woods/ground, it was not all brown mud. So balloons would also have to cover all sorts of areas too. Bear in mind it's a sim so it's not possible to make everything perfect, and exactly as real life, but many many things are extremely well researched and close as we can get. We are trying. P4 will be even better.

AI try the other mode, see Workshop again.

Fails to appear on your score? You put a claim in I guess?

I for one want to thank the dev's for the work accomplished. Being a very mature gamer I appreciate the quality being applied and am sure each new iteration will continue building on it. As for the game play, I am loving the challenge. Between the flight characteristics, weather, poor sights, I really enjoy being challenged and not just orbiting in circles easily until I get a shot. I am still a noobie to OFF but have logged a lot of hours and have only once made it beyond 10 total hours, 2 claims or survived much more then 4-5 missions before seeing myself taken down, and I love it.

The only thing I have found though over the last few games was I would be shot down at altitude yet the game would default back to the post mission screen with my pilot alive. Other then that I haven't found much to complain about.

thanks nbryant, mm if you put the latest updates on you can choose not to exit the sim when dead/badly damaged try that it may help.

Otherwise make sure you have a 3.1 cfs3.exe too.