Sign in to follow this  
tiopilotos

Chat command not working

I can't understand why Chat command doesn't working on my WoE. In the keyboard control map says that you can chat with other aircrafts by pressing Shift / CTRL / Alt + ` (Grave key). I tried many times this combination but nothing happened. I thought that maybe there was a problem with ` (Grave key) and so I changed the combination to Shift / CTRL / Alt + F12 for example instead of the default. Again nothing happened, there was no choise for chat. Can someone help ?

Edited by tiopilotos

...Or this is happening just because chat command is used only in multiplayer mode???

Very much so (I guess - as I'm on SF2 with no MP)... Who else would you want to chat to?

In SF2 hitting "Tab" opens a "slimmed down" communications menu, where you can select from a handful of orders/radio calls you can give/do to Wingman, Flight and C&C...

There's something else though. Pressing "tab" gives you the chance to give some commands to wingmen but only this. So far I realized that in WoE/WoI/WoV you can't communicate with the tower. For example, let's suppose that you want to land at a close airport. You have to take permission first and then to land. Or suppose that you aren't in the runway and you need to taxi. In this case you have to communicate with tower to give you instructions. But this is not happening.

I ask because in the speech folder I saw many sounds and I heared some of them and in some cases the tower says to pilot to taxi to a specific runway for example.

No you cant communicate with the tower - Thirdwire probably didnt implement everything they wanted to