Sign in to follow this  
Red-Dog

Getting the basic's

This is my Fokker D11, the basic shapes about right. I've made sure i have plenty of poly's to work with when i start to do some more detailed work.

post-45885-1265061284754.jpg

Good to see somebody else getting into this. Bravo drinks.gif

How does the cowling fair into the fuselage upper front corners, or does it? I'm not familiar with this bird.

BH, it's basically an Eindecker with a second wing attached. They were popular with the Austro-Hungarian A.S. Accept for a few changes like a deeper fuselage, it looks almost identical, and similar in construction. At least as far as the real plane went. They even chopped holes in the front of the cowl like your MS A1. But it looks like the same or very similar fairing into the box fuselage like the E-I thru E-III. Some compound curves, but not too many.

Lookin' good there RedDog!

Check with Shredward if you need more info on the type you are working on. He gave me a ton of info on the Halberstadt 2 seater I'm working on, to where I scrapped my 2nd incarnation of the type, and have a much nicer 3rd version now well in the process.

I am adding struts here tonight and will mount the top wing to the struts, and start the rigging. I don't have very good details of the landing gear where the axle mounts, so I will have to punt a little to make it look right. Aside from the ellastic cord used for shock absorbing purposes. That will be interestiing to work out. I may just use a basic box structure to simulate it.

Done some more work, i'am i going about this in the right way? I've used a cones and boxes so far to get the basic shape is this correct or will i run into trouble later.

post-45885-12653892490183.jpg

The basic shape looks okay, but I can't tell if it's made up of various objects or one entire object made by Attaching all the original cones, boxes etc to each other? Which I suspect it is...

Edited by hairyspin