Sign in to follow this  
sethiii

Games comparison

Hi all:

I´ve tried to find comparisons between all flight simulation games we can find in market but i never found them. I already have SFG and X-Plane 7. But Perharps there´s one that fits better my likes and dislikes. One is more realistic, One is much for fun. I know opinions are somenthing very personal. Nevertheless with bunch of them i can figure up myself better if there´s any other game i can enjoy better.

Thanks in advance

Guest rscsjsuso5

welcome new person ,

it all depends upon u and what u like if u are for military aircraft then thirdwire games/sim is for u but for xplane if u are into that then u might invest more on the terrain graphics and plus xplane is for high end graphic cards and mostly civil planes as far as the main website pictures . if u like missiles get thirdwire , if like looking out at the windows go for xplane.

enjoy and welcome

MS Flight Sim is like X Plane. If you like one, you'll like the other.

SFG has a whole group of similar sims with different terrains, planes, and eras. They cover Vietnam, Israel, Europe, and WWI. Check out www.thirdwire.com to see them. Like SFG, they're all very easy to just jump into, fly, and fight.

LockOn is more complex with more to do in the cockpits and more accurate radar and avionics controls. An updated LOMAC 2.0 is due out soon.

If you like WWII, Il-2 is the place to go.

If you like WWI, the CFS3 mod OFF is great, and some people have seen past the shortcomings of the new Rise of Flight to enjoy that.

Falcon 4:Allied Force and DCS: Black Shark are the pinnacle of realism with a single craft modeled and TONS of switches and knobs to learn. An A-10 is in the works for the DCS series that will let you fly both together.

i c

The point is, I would like to reach something as real as possible in flying matters without loosing the fun of a jet fighter combat.

Having SFG Is worthy to change to SF2? Is SF2, SF1 improved?

What about F A-18 Superbug is that good as appear in comercials. Or is just an add on to MS Flight simulator?

Could be Falcon what i´m looking for?

best regards

SF2 is indeed improved in many areas over SFG, but it's still the same game. Better AI, better graphics, better flight, better terrain, same style.

I don't know what F/A-18 you're referring to, but my guess is it's indeed an addon for MSFS. There's a lot of those around.

Falcon 4:AF is several years old and based on F4 which came out in 1998, so it looks VERY dated. If you can see past the much-older-than-SFG graphics, though, it's a great sim. It can be very frustrating at first as the learning curve is steep, however. Give yourself a few dozen hours in the cockpit minimum to really learn it.

SF2 is indeed improved in many areas over SFG, but it's still the same game. Better AI, better graphics, better flight, better terrain, same style.

I don't know what F/A-18 you're referring to, but my guess is it's indeed an addon for MSFS. There's a lot of those around.

Falcon 4:AF is several years old and based on F4 which came out in 1998, so it looks VERY dated. If you can see past the much-older-than-SFG graphics, though, it's a great sim. It can be very frustrating at first as the learning curve is steep, however. Give yourself a few dozen hours in the cockpit minimum to really learn it.

The F/A-18E Superbug is for Flight Sim 2004 at the moment with an FSX version due out in the near future. If you have the patience to follow the manual it's an intense bird, however, it is a procedures driven model. Failure to set up your FS installation correctly will give you error messages in the cockpit, failure to follow the checklists will catch your engines on fire, don't ask how I know this. That said if you have a lot of experience with MSFS the bird will give you a good flight, just don't expect to blow sh** up in the game as there is no coding for combat in MSFS 2004 or FSX.

That's why I personally have felt flying MSFS is like watching an adult film with your hands tied behind your back. :wink: