Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raden

Hello Wrench!

Guest Raden

Hi Wrench -- first off, I just changed my Name here, from Eject to Raden. To me Eject sounded like Reject, hence the change.

I am a "detailer," one who enjoys exercising attention to detail over many issues/subject matters (especially in my work). I liked what ALL (really qualified) commercial/non-commercial pilots do -- attention to detail. So do fighter pilots.

To the main subject:

I noticed that most (I have not observed those in Timor/Modern Darwin Terrains) Trees in -- mostly in Add-Ons Terrains such as IsraelME and Israel2 -- are in 2Ds (Two Dimensional Objects), NOT in 3Ds. So, from closer proximity they look odd.

Kindly c these three attachments:

So are those trees, also those in Forest on WOE if I remember them correctly, not the stock ones that comes with WOE/WOI.

May I ask, why?

Thanks for ur time and reply. Have a nice day...

• Like 1

we need a hotline such as 1-800-WRENCH

nah, just joking :lol:

as for the thread, those are not from WOI, are from Stary's desert terrain enhancement, the trees are 3D because that's the only way you can add an tree in terrain without overloading the terrain with targets.

btw in all simulators today the trees are 2d objects.

Eject, you have -29 as reputation? :blink:

try to be more charismatic ehehhe

Edited by Silverbolt

Guest Raden

we need a hotline such as 1-800-WRENCH

nah, just joking :lol:

as for the thread, those are not from WOI, are from Stary's desert terrain enhancement, the trees are 3D because that's the only way you can add an tree in terrain without overloading the terrain with targets.

btw in all simulators today the trees are 2d objects.

Eject, you have -29 as reputation? :blink:

try to be more charismatic ehehhe

Yeah! OK let me be charismatic (How? Any short course? Heheheh....) like, Ho-Chi-Min, Hitler, GWB???? hahahahaaa.........

Re the kept down-turning score for me, minus-29, as said, formerly it had been -15 (forgot) Neutral (did not take side!); ;ater on, -18 Poor --- and that happened AFTER I replied someone's remarks on some international affairs, and that the situation (economically, politically etc) in the USA has been getting worse and worse. Also, since I posted (in reply) re SCALAR Weapon -- a TABOO among the spook/mily in the USA. So, perhaps, I have since been regarded as "Un-American".

It's the Admin rights to do so. No problem for me as it does not cause the end of the (sick) world.

Silv, I did not say them from Stock WOI. From Add-On, just forgot the name of the "Add-On-der" hahaha....

BTW, such is not the case in my oldie verrrry gud (good) Appache AH-64....

p.s. I just took a peek at one of my shots on TIMOR. The trees, not far from the port area, did not look 2D.

Here it is: 

• Like 1

Yeah! OK let me be charismatic (How? Any short course? Heheheh....) like, Ho-Chi-Min, Hitler, GWB???? hahahahaaa.........

Re the kept down-turning score for me, minus-29, as said, formerly it had been -15 (forgot) Neutral (did not take side!); ;ater on, -18 Poor --- and that happened AFTER I replied someone's remarks on some international affairs, and that the situation (economically, politically etc) in the USA has been getting worse and worse. Also, since I posted (in reply) re SCALAR Weapon -- a TABOO among the spook/mily in the USA. So, perhaps, I have since been regarded as "Un-American".

It's the Admin rights to do so. No problem for me as it does not cause the end of the (sick) world.

Silv, I did not say them from Stock WOI. From Add-On, just forgot the name of the "Add-On-der" hahaha....

BTW, such is not the case in my oldie verrrry gud (good) Appache AH-64....

p.s. I just took a peek at one of my shots on TIMOR. The trees, not far from the port area, did not look 2D.

Here it is:

actually anyone can vote on your posts, so you get thumbs up or down for it...

about the timor terain, press ctrl+F and go take a look, those certaily are 2d.

oh yeah, i got missed in translation over there, the trees are from this mod IIRC http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=7743

the Timor mod uses the "Green Hell" trees by Stary.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fully render ANY alpha object in 3d. Limitations of the game engine.

We been livinig with it since 2002, so.... there ya go. Sorry! Just squint at them, from a long distance, in very bad light, and they'll just fine

wrench

kevin stein

Guest Raden

the Timor mod uses the "Green Hell" trees by Stary.

Unfortunately, there is no way to fully render ANY alpha object in 3d. Limitations of the game engine.

We been livinig with it since 2002, so.... there ya go. Sorry! Just squint at them, from a long distance, in very bad light, and they'll just fine

wrench

kevin stein

Again, many thanks to Silv. And now, to our guru Wrench. Care to install, via the Internet, a HotLine Wrench? Hahaha.....

• Like 1

Alot of flight simulations use what are called "sprites" for trees, simple "panels" that have a .tga texture applied to it. It keeps the poly count waaay down, saves processor (doesn't have to render a full 3D object), etc. Besides, the opinion and view is that really, flight simulation isn't about looking at trees anyways :smile:

Guest Raden

Alot of flight simulations use what are called "sprites" for trees, simple "panels" that have a .tga texture applied to it.  It keeps the poly count waaay down, saves processor (doesn't have to render a full 3D object), etc.  Besides, the opinion and view is that really, flight simulation isn't about looking at trees anyways :smile:

EricJ -- understood gentlemen. U r correct to say. My mission as the commander of the squadron had not been to manually count the trees down below right? Hahaha....

OK guys, ur explanations r crystal clear. BTW, r there any good book(s) that I can read (On-line) re this subjects? Aah, let me do the search my self.  :bye:

• Like 1