Sign in to follow this  
pcm

Two questions for the experts

1 - Is there a single mission building facility whereby a mission can be created (and saved), and where the opposition numbers and types can be specified.

2 - Can add on aircraft be incorporated into game campaigns either as flyable or non flyable aircraft, eg. RFC N27 & Hannover CL2 into Cambrai 1917.

Le Missioneur and KMD are both mission builders that work well for First Eagles. Some things are a little screwy but they work. They both can be found in the dowload section under SFP1/ Utilities. I use both and they take a little time to get used to and to learn all the features.

As far as campaigns are concerned, I know you can create your own, but is very time consuming and there is a lot of typing involved. But it is possible to add aircraft too. I never did it so I couldnt really tell you how. But someone will soon I'm sure.

For question 2, although this is for the rest of the ThirdWire series, it should start you off on the basics.

http://bunyap2w1.com/campaigntut.htm

If you're not sure what CAT extraction is...start here:

http://forum.combatace.com/topic/25845-basic-definition-of-terms/

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=343

FC

You can retro-fit any old campaign for more recently available 3rd party download aircraft by editing the two ini files in any particular campaign folder.

ie: WWI/Campaigns/WinterWar1916/winterwar.ini and winterwarDATA.ini

So say you want a certain squadron to have DVa's instead of PfalzIII, or to be more historically accurate and remove Dr1's from most of the squadrons in the early fall of 1917 when they were only prototypes released to a few aces like Voss. Choose the squadron number in one campaign.ini file and change its available aircraft to the exact name of the folder of the aircraft. But first make sure the aircraft is available for the dates the campaign is in motion! Otherwise I'm pretty sure they will never show up, and that's boring. Go to the other ini in the campaign folder and edit the a/c to match that squadron number. IMPORTANT: make sure both files sync for squadron's available aircraft! It is easiest to have both files open side by side, and to scroll to each squadron entry.

Winterwar1916_DATA.ini:

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Player Units, RAF

[AirUnit001]

AircraftType=Fe8 <<<<<<<<edit

Squadron=1AFC

ForceID=1

Nation=RAF

WinterWar1916.ini:

[RAFUnit001]

UnitName=No. 1 Squadron, AFC

ForceID=1

UnitID=1

StartDate=11/22/1916

AircraftType=Fe8 <<<<<<<<<<<<<match here

DescFile=No1AFCSquadron.txt

StartText=WinterWar1916StartAllied.txt

StartScreen=wwiStartBritish.bmp

CampaignBaseScreen=wwiBaseSE5a.bmp

[RAFUnit002]

I've gone into several old camapigns and mixed available aircraft up some for variety (sometimes totally non-historical assignments for a squadron, oh well...), it makes for a far more interesting campaign mission when you can't predict what the NME will throw at you, rather than knowing it'll always be SPAD's to the south, Camels to the north, or...

You get the idea...

Edited by Bandy