Sign in to follow this  
xclusiv8

What the hell is this about?

I just saw this video and it got me thinking, what the hell is this about? I understand that people around the world dont have the same views on how things should be run and so on but we should all respect each other and at least show the freaking decency and shake a mans freaking hand.

I dont know what all this was about, cant find any info about it. Does anyone know?

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=209287&page=6

Guest rscsjsuso5

my guess is it might be about the presence of some cold war feelings that hasn't gone away or it might be because of his skin color or it might be a russian tradition , all are guesses . to me it is weird and quite disturbing for that if a foreign representative comes to your house then give the respect back and shake his hand and have either beer or for my case between hu/obama tea.

scratching my head right now.

thanks for video/link

my other guess is that maybe it might be american foreign policy that made russian politicans mad of some sort.

The Annie Glenn and LBJ Incident comes to mind.

Several versions of that event, all of them good enough to lock the doors.

No hand shaky. thumbs.gif

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Guest rscsjsuso5

thanks lex for political info.

but for china/us this is how it should be done

link for video http://english.cctv.com/20091117/101933.shtml

this video gave me tears of joy and great friendship between china/us .

enjoy

Very nice rscj thanks.

xclusiv that link (at top) said its not real (the snub) but it sure looks like it. Opinion?

Very nice rscj thanks.

xclusiv that link (at top) said its not real (the snub) but it sure looks like it. Opinion?

well thats just typical me, never reading the descriptions hehe :P I wonder tho how out of context it is cause it sure looks weird.

Guest rscsjsuso5

another video of - what the hell is this about - pres gw bush - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLN5v3V0MXQ

enjoy , he tried and stopped to get eye contact but no handshake , i know the person in front of him is pres. hu but i don't know who is back of pres gw bush.

Yeah, would have to be taken out of context - since I've heard rumors about the old-guard sabre rattling in Russia, trying to re-establish the USSR, and well, with that worthless POS being such a communist himself, one would expect him to be welcomed with open arms as a true comrade.

I looked at the snopes page on it, and they have a longer version of the clip.... why were the Guards goose-stepping? :blink: That seemed a little out of place to me (given the historical context and all....).

Goes to show you that any story is at least a 3 edged sword. And that perhaps, before posting something, verify the validity of what you are reading about first.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

Anyway, its very uncomfortable situation, stupid people everywhere.