Sign in to follow this  
KJakker

Where to find the AV-8B Gun pod?

I went to take up an AV-8B the other day and realized that I did not have a GAU-12 gun pod listed as available. I have Killerbee's Weapons pack but could not find it among all the other weapons. Is it in there or do I need to look elsewhere?

Try checking the readme for the installation instructions for the gun pod. If it's SF2 then more than likely you didn't place something in the right spot...

The AV-8B was the one included in NATO Fighters 4+. This was the first time I tried to fly it and I was expecting it to have all of the necessary weapons included in the pack so I was surprised it was not there. What I am looking for specifically in a place I can download the GAU-12 Equalizer gun pod from as I can't find it to install in the objects/weapons folder of 331KillerBee’s SF2 Ordnance Shop weapons pack.

From what I understand, NF4+ is completely standalone...you are not supposed to install a weapons pack on top of it.

FC

• Like 1

From what I understand, NF4+ is completely standalone...you are not supposed to install a weapons pack on top of it.

FC

I have not installed the pack on top of it. I have it in a separate folder where I can extract individual weapons as needed just as the packs readme file recommended. Because NATO fighters is stand alone I was expecting it to have all of the necessary weapons for the aircraft included yet I can't find the AV-8b's gun pod in ether NATO Fighters or the separate SF2 Ordnance Shop. As such I need to find it so I can manually apply it for use in the aircraft.

The Pod itself is built into the Model. If You are not seeing or have the Gun firing, It's more than likley that You are missing a GAU-12 Folder from Your "Gun" Folder with the proper Data in it.

331KillerBee

• Like 1

The Pod itself is built into the Model. If You are not seeing or have the Gun firing, It's more than likley that You are missing a GAU-12 Folder from Your "Gun" Folder with the proper Data in it.

331KillerBee

Okay, I thought it was mounted on the center weapon station like in the F-4. I have played much more Vietnam than Europe. You have it as an internal gun instead. No wonder I could not find it like I could the SSU-23.