Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCoach

SF2E: How dark should night be?

I challenge you to fly through the ANW with these settings at TF altitudes.

That's what the "Obstruction" or "High Terrain" warning light is for.... :bye:

img00008.JPG

Heh...not at 400 feet at 9 miles a minute in a 300000+ lb bomber...

Nice stuff there Ed.

FC

This is really amazing. If we had some kind of real ground radar this kind of night time flying sure would be possible :grin:

This is really amazing. If we had some kind of real ground radar this kind of night time flying sure would be possible :grin:

We've had Terrain Avoidance mode available to us since the inception of the series 8 years ago. SF2 further expanded on this by allowing for the inclusion of additional (visual) warning cues in the cockpit. It would be nice if TK also included aural warnings (such as "pull-up!") in a future expansion or patch.

Actually, I would be happy with a real TF mode setup...but that would involve the AI not 'pogoing' so much when it gets low.

FC

Actually, I would be happy with a real TF mode setup...but that would involve the AI not 'pogoing' so much when it gets low.

FC

Well, then don't fly low over rough terrain :grin:

That reminds me of a friend who once sea trialed a boat that sported an extreme deep vee running bottom (65+ degrees at the bow entry, and 24 degrees right at the stern), during rough weather. He later commented that the boat was able to stay up on plane despite the rough conditions (at 20+ knots), but complained that it was getting airborne more than he'd like it too.

A rather plain-spoken manfacturer's rep that was on hand for the sea trial stated "well then, <alpha hotel>, don't run it so damned hard in those conditions, and it won't spend most of it's time catching air".

We've had Terrain Avoidance mode available to us since the inception of the series 8 years ago. SF2 further expanded on this by allowing for the inclusion of additional (visual) warning cues in the cockpit. It would be nice if TK also included aural warnings (such as "pull-up!") in a future expansion or patch.

I did not mean T.A radar. Sorry

What i meant was some kind of way to actually put bombs on the enemy in the dark. I assume real jets use some kind of radar system to track and follow the target at night to effectly put iron on it.

I did not mean T.A radar. Sorry

What i meant was some kind of way to actually put bombs on the enemy in the dark. I assume real jets use some kind of radar system to track and follow the target at night to effectly put iron on it.

None of them were worth a damn, or they would have never created LGBs.

None of them were worth a damn, or they would have never created LGBs.

good point!