Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

Can I modify this?

When a plane is burning and leaving that trail of black smoke it also generates puffs of a reddish coloured smoke at the engine that are way too big and look bloody awful. Can somebody tell me where I can find the image-file for it, I'd like to either make it smaller and change it's colour to black or make it transparent if it's size can't be changed.

TIA. :)

Siggi do you have a pic - could be flames or something?

i belive the tr_smoke entries in your effects.xml are the black smoke trails, and the air_fire_gastank entries are you flaming engines. You cant edit the dds effects files they call, and to be honest,,i think you would go nuts trying to figure out, first,,,which entry is the one you want to edit,,and second, what changes to make to get the desired results.

if it bothers you that much,,,stop shooting down planes.....

It doesn't look like a flame, those are quite distinctive. It's a weird kind of orangey glow that puffs once a second or so and has a diameter that reaches at least half way out along the wings. It just looks very odd to me, not at all realistic, and considering the good quality of the other effects it's detrimental. I'll try to get a pic of it, or a vid would be better.