Sign in to follow this  
trek

SOLID OBJECT TEXTURE MATERIAL (Settings-Where?)

Sorry, about the new thread but I wanted this to get immediate attention, so I can enjoy FE2 to the fullest. I'm probably a doofus, but I've looked high and low for the SolidObjectTextureMaterial data to change the settings posted by Stary and can't seem to find them.

Where is the file located? Is it in the Mods folder under an init?

Also, can any of the single player missions from FE be imported to the Mods mission folder and played on FE2? Thanks!

Follow-Up, I meant to say any of the SP Missions listed here in the Downloads Section from the original FE. Are they playable in FE2 and do you have to make any changes to them for them to execute?

The "data" file is located in the sub directories of each of the terrain mods. You'll first have to go where you installed the mods. For me (Win7), it is located under my saved games folder. There will be a "data" file located there and then you just need to copy and replace the existing text with the updated stuff provided by Stary.

Also, Trek, check you PMs. Let me know if interested.

Edited by TheGrimReaper

GrimReaper, Thanks for the PM and help. I sent you a PM reply. Meanwhile I've located the DataInit in each folder. According to the original post the BlendOp is the only line to change by adding DST. I'll A-B compare to verify though.

BTW, what's the verdict on using the missions from the Downloads Section here in FE2? Are they workable without changes, or is renaming involved?

GrimReaper, Thanks for the PM and help. I sent you a PM reply. Meanwhile I've located the DataInit in each folder. According to the original post the BlendOp is the only line to change by adding DST. I'll A-B compare to verify though.

BTW, what's the verdict on using the missions from the Downloads Section here in FE2? Are they workable without changes, or is renaming involved?

Trek, information sent. As for missions, campaigns, and other downloadable stuff, not sure if compatible with FE2. I'm guessing it depends on if those missions were based on other mods that may or may not work with FE2. But just guessing.

GrimReaper,

Got everything done in the DataInits: added the SRC. Graphics in the game are perfect now! Thanks for all your help!

Ok, I'm being greedy now, so here comes that question one more time add nauseum about the FE downloadable missions from this site: Will they work in FE2, without renaming? Just wondering if anyone has tried them in the new game?

GrimReaper, Sorry about the redundant follow-up post. I didn't see your reply until I already posted mine. I'll probably DL a mission and place it in the Mod/Mission folder and give it a try. Will post here the results. Funny, I hardly ever played FE, but the improvements on FE2 coupled with the Terrain Mod makes it seem like an entirely new game! I'm really enjoying it!

GrimReaper, Sorry about the redundant follow-up post. I didn't see your reply until I already posted mine. I'll probably DL a mission and place it in the Mod/Mission folder and give it a try. Will post here the results. Funny, I hardly ever played FE, but the improvements on FE2 coupled with the Terrain Mod makes it seem like an entirely new game! I'm really enjoying it!

No problem and I'm also enjoying. I never purchased FE1/Gold, kind of wishing I had based on what I'm now seeing. My only problrem right now (off topic), is the difficulty level. I find it way too easy and haven't come close to being shot down.

GrimReaper, I've been playing on "Normal" difficulty. I'll have to try "Hard." Did you say you still find it easy on the Hard setting? You might also try setting "Heavy" Enemy Air Activity if you haven't already.

Reaper, I was really good in FE Gold, but in a 1vs1 on FE2, I end up most often in a tie situation, unable to gain and it's an endless circle. An SE5a hit me yesterday in a campaign mission, although I had seen him first, I temporary lost him in the scenery clutter (camoflage works with TIR and no PL).

If it's too easy, maybe cut down visual aids/Padlock? FE still has the honor of being the only flight sim where I regularly find myself bounced by unspotted enemy AI.

Edited by Helmut_AUT