Sign in to follow this  
76.IAP-Blackbird

Iran F-16IN

Why Iran? There are not IRIAF marks -it looks like Indian Air force but the colours are not correct and the flag on vert tail is wrong side...or not...

Edited by Ciacho

mh the text below said something about iran .. mh .. why not another bad copy of a us bird .. like the F-5 :yes:

but they had plenty acess to the F-5, the didn't had any chance to get the hands on any single F-16.

it looks like the proposal of f-16uae, once made to united Arab Emirates .the cost was very high, and they prefered to finance the f-16blk60 version.now, perhaps they change a bit the airtake and some other elements to make it more stealthy.....and not loose the order for not selling f-35 to india

I can't see the picture, so I don't know what F-16 variant it is, but an Iranian F-16A/B might make a good "what-if" plane. Venezuela threatened to sell their F-16A/Bs off to Iran after Chavez took over, but they never did (as far as we know).

Even if they did, it wouldn't matter much. Venezuela has old F-16s with little in common with the current ones used by Israel and the US.

I'm sure if Chavez the Crazed Maniac tried to export his F-16s, they might accidentally be shot down during a fleet air defense exercise. :cool:

it looks like Indian Air force but the colours are not correct and the flag on vert tail is wrong side...or not...

Good catch. The green in the finflash is supposed to face towards cockpit side and the saffron towards the exhaust.

it looks like the proposal of f-16uae, once made to united Arab Emirates .the cost was very high, and they prefered to finance the f-16blk60 version.now, perhaps they change a bit the airtake and some other elements to make it more stealthy.....and not loose the order for not selling f-35 to india

Yeah, I've seen this same proposal before too.

F16ATF.jpg

Guest Raden

I'm sure if Chavez the Crazed Maniac tried to export his F-16s, they might accidentally be shot down during a fleet air defense exercise. :cool:

BYW, for ur info, have ever heard of Indonesia's previous BIGGEST battle ship (made in the USSR late 1950s), the R.I (Republik Indonesia, or the Rep. of Indonesia) IRIAN that had been feared most by the Aussie Navy and the Dutch (Occupation Force) in "West Papua" or the IRIAN JAYA (Google Earth pls)??

During the former President Soeharto's era (do not recall exactly when) perhaps late 1970's or mid-1980's, he (I strongly believe the president was encouraged by one of rhwb his most trusted generals "LBJ" -- back then had a very strong link with the US side) sold the battle ship to the US.

The ship was next "sent" to South Korea. But, OTW it was SUNK -- yes indeed! -- by a SOVIET sub somewhere in the South China Sea!!!

Why? No nation perhaps till the present day can copy what the smart generals in the Soviet Union back then, namely, of making the most sophisticated, BIG barrels for said battle ship, ----->>>> they coated the (rifling) of the big barrels with DIAMOND(s) for extreme HEAT resistance! :yikes:

Hence, the deliberate sinking of the big battle ship!

I am not telling u -- excuse me -- B.S. as I heard it from a retired Indonesian ****** SENIOR officer. :salute:

• Like 1