Sign in to follow this  
warthog64

EE3 Nuclear Effects Not Working

The title explains it pretty much. Any ideas on how to get them working?

I'm using WOE patched to OCT. 2008.

Thanks

From the readme

Note:

This pack was made for, and heavily tested in SF2:Israel merged with all SF2 gen titles. Dec09 patch installation.

No warranty for Gen1 Series/HDR Mod usage!

Sorry I had me effects packs mixed up. As the ones I found are EE3 too. Are they compatible with the OCT 2008 patch?

Sorry I had me effects packs mixed up. As the ones I found are EE3 too. Are they compatible with the OCT 2008 patch?

No problem man. But you're probably right, I'm guessing that since the mod was released the July before the OCT 2008 patch it may not be compatible. However every other effect in the mod works fine, it's just the Nuclear stuff that won't.

Thanks

Edited by warthog64

No problem man. But you're probably right, I'm guessing that since the mod was released the July before the OCT 2008 patch it may not be compatible. However every other effect in the mod works fine, it's just the Nuclear stuff that won't.

Thanks

I had the same problem of no nuclear effects in EE3 (Oct 08 patch installed) until I inserted the MISSILEOBJECT.ini from another nuclear effect pack to specifically assign the groundburst and the separate airburst effect. The downside to having both separate effects is that if you use a low altitude detonation - which should produce a mushroom cloud - you end up with a blast that looks like it took place at 100, 000 feet. And every nuclear weapon I found does use at least a low altitude fuse. To fix that, I edited all my nuclear bombs to detonate on impact instead, and bingo, out came the mushroom cloud.

Please forgive my lack of detail, I'm not at home for a week and can't remember the exact steps, or the specific edits for the ini, and being a bit of a newbie I can't remember off the top of my head.

When I get home I will search them out and post them.

ps, the may be a way of correctly assigning the mushroom cloud to low airburst weapons, while preserving the separate high altitude effect, but, as I say, I'm a bit inexperienced and haven't yet found out how to do it.

I had the same problem of no nuclear effects in EE3 (Oct 08 patch installed) until I inserted the MISSILEOBJECT.ini from another nuclear effect pack to specifically assign the groundburst and the separate airburst effect. The downside to having both separate effects is that if you use a low altitude detonation - which should produce a mushroom cloud - you end up with a blast that looks like it took place at 100, 000 feet. And every nuclear weapon I found does use at least a low altitude fuse. To fix that, I edited all my nuclear bombs to detonate on impact instead, and bingo, out came the mushroom cloud.

Please forgive my lack of detail, I'm not at home for a week and can't remember the exact steps, or the specific edits for the ini, and being a bit of a newbie I can't remember off the top of my head.

When I get home I will search them out and post them.

ps, the may be a way of correctly assigning the mushroom cloud to low airburst weapons, while preserving the separate high altitude effect, but, as I say, I'm a bit inexperienced and haven't yet found out how to do it.

Found it. The MISSILEOBJECT.ini came with the nukebeta pack uploaded my Fubar512 here (http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=766)

inside, you find this:

[NukeExplosionEffect]

GroundHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

GroundHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

WaterHitEffectName=NukeExplosionEffect

WaterHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ObjectHitEffectName=NapalmExplosionEffect

ObjectHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

ArmorHitEffectName=NapalmExplosionEffect

ArmorHitSoundName=Nuclear.wav

AirBurstEffectName=

AirBurstSoundName=Nuclear.wav

CraterModelName=

CraterType=5

As you can see, the airburst is not assigned, you can either enter NukeExplosionEffect to that line to give you mushroom clouds for ALL nuclear blasts, or enter the name of the airburst file from EE3 (the exact title of which I can't remember right now) to give you the separate nuclear airburst effects, followed by editing all low altitude weapons to detonate on impact, as I said earlier.