Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Britain gets a Gold (at last)

Well done that woman!

our first Winter gold for 30 yrs!

Ace - does that put us at the bottom of the table now :dntknw:

Still well done to her - cant be easy having to do all your training at an Xscape

Wheres Eddie the Eagle when you need him! :lol:

You guys need more snow...

Snow more snow he says come here and look out of my front room window there's a white sheet of the stuff going on for miles... Went to bed at 3am woke at 10am and there it was Snow Snow and more Snow... day to stay in make a fire and drink tea and whiskey...

Nonsense! Stiff upper lip and all that - get out in that snow like a man, and stride boldly through the stuff! I intend to do just that - admittedly at about ten to three to get down to my local to watch Citeh and Pule in front of a roaring fire, but that's irrelevant...

Oh, the Brits and their "snow". :grin: It's been snowing non-stop for a few days here. :dntknw: Nothing special. I mean, it's difficult even for Mother Nature to make the traffic situation in Moscow any worse than it already is, unless the earth cracks open.

Damn, one Gold in 30 years?!?!

I could have sworn the UK had came out on top in something over the years at the Winter Olympics. I always figured that the Brecon Beacons would make a pretty good spot for working out snowboarding and if anything, you could have some quality hockey players if you encourage those hardcase nutters from Glasgow to have a go at it.

Think of it as football on ice!

Hmm the Brecon Beacons been there a few times and I still havn't seen it... Fog and mist and rain thats all I ever saw in my times in that wonderful place (where's the irony face when you need it?) Seriously I spent quiet a bit of time there and snow never went anywhere near it even the snow was afraid to go there...

Well, I was in the Brecon Beacons about 10 yrs ago..and there was plenty then!..in fact, I fell into a drift of the stuff..and vanished completely...I am 6`2"