Sign in to follow this  
Erwin_Hans

need some help from Isreal.

I know a Syria MiG-23ML have flowen to Isreal.

So,is there any determine for this aircraft in some formus?Need a lot..

In Hebrew is OK,too...

Thanks.

Hi,

The MiG-23 that landed in Israel in 1989 was a MiG-23MLD for all I know. It did not carry any missiles. The pilot defected during a training mission and flew under the radar to Israel. It landed on a landing strip in the north of Israel that is meant to be used by light airplanes and not fighter jets. Here is a youtube link to a film from that day with some original footage:

The aircraft today is in the IAF museum and carries the original Syrian markings and Israeli markings. I remember as a kid that in the 90's the IAF used to fly this plane in the yearly "IAF day" air-show and make a mock dogfight with F-15 and F-16. It was pretty awesome to see that.

If you need any more info, feel free to contact me.

Eyal

Edited by ekek

What else do you need?

What else do you need?

This was confirmed by the Israelies too when they obtained a Syrian MiG-23MLD that was flown to Israel by a Syrian defector and tested its flying characteristics, they were impressed with the quick acceleration the MiG-23MLD had, they even claimed that the MiG-23 has better acceleration performance than the F-16 and F-18

for example, the F-16 can accelerate from 600km/h to 1000km/h at the altitude of 1000 meters in just 15 seconds, while the MiG-23 can accelerate from 600km/h to 900km/h in just 12 seconds

something like this...