Sign in to follow this  
Luther1517

System locks-up while assinging Controler buttons

Good evening to all. I have read through all the FAQ's and posted doc's here and see nothing documented yet for this issue. I have just built a new system with Win7-64 as the OS. What's happening is, after I start a flight and "P" >ESC>CONTROLS, and start programing the flightstick, throttle and peddals (all CH), OFF stops responding after approx 5-7 mins of pause time, OFF MANANAGER and CFS3 are still running. I have uprgraded to the latest patch and upgraded CFS3 to 3.1a. I have removed/reinstalled CFS3 and OFF... the problem persists. Otherwise, the game seems to be fine ( I need to tweak the video settings, but that's a matter for another thread) The other tech specs of my system are:

Intel Core i7 860 Quad Core Processor: 2.8GHz, 8MB L3 Cache, Socket 1156

ASUS P7P55D Motherboard, ATX, Socket 1156, Gb LAN, RAID, DDR3, eSATA, 1394, CrossFire

8GB DDR3 PC3-10666 (1333MHz) Memory via 4x 2GB modules

ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB PCI-Express x16 Video Card

2 Seagate 1 Terabyte HD’s, Stripe Set

1 Seagate 1.5 Tb HD backup

Creative Labs X-Fi Sound Blaster Sound card

I appriciate any insight in to resolving this matter.

Edited by Luther1517

Very odd but maybe as uncleal suggests alter somethings, and before you get close to the 5 mins, save it (save as 'Mine'). Then go back in and try some more for other keys?

Also try setting CFS3.exe and OFFManager.exe to run in XP SP3 compatibility mode (see Properties on each file)

I run Win7 64 bit and there is a bit of a learning curve but so far I find it to be excellent when gaming. I'm interested though in that you say CFS3 and OFF manager are still running. Do you show a ~ (tilde) file... fld055.tmp....in task manager when that happens? I've found that ending that file gets me back into OFF on the rare occasions when things seem stuck.

BACK IN THE AIR

Thanks to all here who answered my S.O.S. I tried to config my flight controllers in CFS3, with the same problem, so the issue was bigger than OFF BH&H. After many hours (read: days) of searching, thinking and removing and reinstalling "this and that", I stumbled across a MS Update for DirectX 9. It is essentially a backward compatibly "fix" for apps that do not play nice wit DirectX 10 or 11--and CFS3 falls into that brier patch. After installing the update, CFS3 and BH&H run smooth as 'snot on a doorknob', as my old DI used to say.

I have included the link to MS Updates here in case anyone else runs into similar issues and for the support team to file away for reference.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

Thanks again, Luther1517