Sign in to follow this  
BobWard

"Mod" Folder For Air & Ground Expansion Pack, SP2V

I just installed SP2V and have downloaded the Air & Ground Expansion Pack v2.

I have read the Readme file and it instructs one to drop the contents of the "To Mod Folder" into the SP2V Mod Folder.

I am running Win7 Pro. There is no "Mod" folder anywhere in my SP2V directory. I see the Core, DX redist, Flight, manual, Menu, etc sub-folders, but no Mod folder.

I must have overlooked something. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bob

Sure Bob,

The Mod folder is not within the Strike Fighters 2 directory. It is actually located in:

C:\Users\"Yourcomputer"\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam

You can change the location of this folder if you go into the StrikeFighters2 Vietnam.ini file in the Strike Fighters 2 directory and edit this line:

[Options]

OptionsFile=Options.ini

Change the line in bold to somewhere else like for instance:

[Options]

OptionsFile=C:\ThirdWireMods\Options.ini

The sim will then assume your mods are in C:\ThirdWireMods...makes it easier to get to them if you need to make tweaks.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

Thanks for the reply.

I found the Thirdwire directory, but the only sub-directories under it were: Controls, Missions, Objects, Pilot Data, & Screenshots. There were some sub-directories under these folders but nothing called Mods.

Have I somehow messed up the SP2V install?

Bob

Bob:

By default there is no folder called "Mods." If you found a folder in the ThirdWire directory with the sub-directories you listed (Controls, Missions, Objects, Pilot Data, & Screenshots), then THAT is your "Mod Folder." We call it the "Mod Folder" because that's where third-party mods go, but it's not named "Mods" (unless you re-name it as FastCargo describes).

From the Expansion Pack ReadMe:

By default your Mod Folder should be located here:

Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\[username]\My Documents\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\

Windows Vista: \Users\[username]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\

Windows 7: \Users\[username]\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\

The "StrikeFighters2 Vietnam" in either \SavedGames or \My Documents is your "Mod Folder" by default.

Eric Howes

No, not at all.

You found the right directory...Mods is just a generic term.

If you look at the download, you'll notice it has a similiar layout (Objects, etc).

The ThirdWire directory IS the Mods directory...does that make more sense?

FC

Ok, I think I understand. I just drop the expansion pack files in the Thirdwire directory where all the rest of the subfolders are.

I did read that note in the Readme but I was not understanding it correctly - I was still looking for a Mod folder.

Thanks guys - much appreciated.

Bob

This is what I do Bob. Go to your saved games directory like fast cargo describes, in there you will find an options.ini. In there you will find a line about half way down that says something like this:

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam

Change it to this:

[Mods]

ModsEnabled=TRUE

Directory=C:\Users\Administrator\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2 Vietnam\Mods

You then restart the sim, then close down again and this time when you go in this saved game folder you will find a mods folder. Hey presto, job done. Drop all your mods as instructed into that one.

Hope this helps, it's how I do mine. But I must stress that I have gone back to Air and Ground expansion gold on my WOV install due to some issues with SFV2 abd graphic anomolies.

All the best.

Dogzero1...

• Like 1