Sign in to follow this  

The "mini-update" on the patch development, started yesterday by Stormin on the UBI boards, has turned a bit more interesting than could at first be expected. On page 2 Matt "Wags" Wagner, the producers of the game, posted this:

posted 25/05/2004 02:07

I can confirm that Beta 16 is looking very good so far. So good in fact, I have asked the internal test team in Montreal to begin testing ASAP. IF (big if) all goes well over the next couple days, it should not be long now.

It's particularly important for me that Beta 16 be the final because I am resigning from Ubisoft; 26 May will be my last day. I will be joining several of my friends from the old Jane's F/A-18 team in Maryland to take part in a new project (no, it's not a flight sim).

Take care and have fun,

Matt

Matt "Wags" Wagner

Producer / Ubisoft

Matt has been a major positive contribution to the development of Lo:Mac and to the community surrounding it.

Good Luck in your new job Wags!

thanks for the info dog

IMO, this is a huge loss to LOMAC and the flight sim community at large. Matt always seemed passionate about the genre and has 2 great sims under his belt. You can't blame him for leaving, after some of the crap I've read directed at him over the past few months, I would have chucked it as well.

Matt, I hope you enjoy the new job, good luck man! You will be missed.

for those that are interested:

Here is Matts farewell post from the UBI board:

I'm not dead, just changing jobs! :)

posted Wed May 26 2004 04:52 PM

Hi guys,

As you already may know, today is my last day with Ubisoft. Starting 15 June, I'll be working with a developer in Maryland to work on some non-game projects that capitalize on my previous experience. I'm very excited about this and will be working with some old friends.

Although I have a great, new project to produce in Ubisoft; I really like San Francisco; and that I believe Ubisoft is a good (not perfect) publisher/developer; it's time for me to move on in order to start a family and have more of my life back. The past few years have been difficult to say the least.

Although I have no plans or desire to produce a combat flight sim again, I'll always love this genre and help to improve it in not so visible ways. I'm sure I'll be conversing with many of you in the years to come.

Thank you for the many kind messages. Although I'm sorry that Lock On could not make everyone happy nor meet every expectation, it's nice to hear that so many people have found enjoyment in the game. I'm personally very proud of the project and look forward to where it may lead. I wish my friends at Eagle Dynamics the very best in all their future projects.

Take care and have fun,

Matt

Matt "Wags" Wagner

Producer / Ubisoft

Follow the original thread here