Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Politico's

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8552593.stm

I was going to put a note on here a lot stronger... but I know from some of the guys I used to work with that the PM when he was Chancellor did stop funds to the military as he doesn't understand the military...

But to blame the deaths of those kids out there fighting those fights on the Generals not asking for what they need is disgusting... What respect I might have had for him is definitely gone and buried, not that I had any in the first place as he is an un-elected PM.

When they stop shutting down airbases for helicopters for the AAC or stop retiring aircraft early (producing capability gaps) to provide funding for future purchases, then I'll believe your military's not being starved for funds. The RAF Typhoon doesn't even have a gun installed FFS! Cost cutting measure!

When they stop shutting down airbases for helicopters for the AAC or stop retiring aircraft early (producing capability gaps) to provide funding for future purchases, then I'll believe your military's not being starved for funds. The RAF Typhoon doesn't even have a gun installed FFS! Cost cutting measure!

The quote on the Typhoon is incorrect they gave in and let the RAF have the gun some of the pressure came from the most unlikely place The Army...