Sign in to follow this  
appraiserfl

I removed the Bezels on my triple monitor setup!

Always in the search for greater immersion with my OFF and inspired by the creative bastards on this forum, I decided to rip the bezels off of my three dell 2007fps and mount them to a big triple mount stand! The result is spectacular! Who would of thought triple screening could get better!

Here is a After Shot

0306201012718.jpg

Here is a before shot

010720109911.jpg

After shot

0306201012710.jpg

The amount of bezel space saved!

0306201012719.jpg

Heres the monitor sitting in his house after I removed the bezel front

0305201012705.jpg

Always in the search for greater immersion with my OFF and inspired by the creative bastards on this forum, I decided to rip the bezels off of my three dell 2007fps and mount them to a big triple mount stand! The result is spectacular! Who would of thought triple screening could get better!

Here is a After Shot

0306201012718.jpg

Here is a before shot

010720109911.jpg

After shot

0306201012710.jpg

The amount of bezel space saved!

0306201012719.jpg

Heres the monitor sitting in his house after I removed the bezel front

0305201012705.jpg

Very Cool....

One day I will find time to do a three monitor setup... one day...

WM

When flying OFF it might be nice if the monitors had a woodgrain bit of frame so as to look like struts. It almost does already in one of the pics.

Don't wish to rain on anyone's parade. However that was the width bezel used on the newer monitors, give or take a mm

I'll continue soldiering on with my single 22 Thank You

The Dream System is still run by Morris: Featuring 3X 24 inchers

Um, no. You can see in the shot how much bezel space was removed and per my bezel management program I have shaved 200 virtual black resolution spaces off my tally. Also, the newer Samsung Thin Bezel monitors cost you $1,800 for three and I built these for just over $400. As an added benefit, I no longer have to stare at "Dell," three times in my face.

Trust me Unleal, if you played on my system I would have to beat you with a club to make you leave it, lol.

Um, no. You can see in the shot how much bezel space was removed and per my bezel management program I have shaved 200 virtual black resolution spaces off my tally. Also, the newer Samsung Thin Bezel monitors cost you $1,800 for three and I built these for just over $400. As an added benefit, I no longer have to stare at "Dell," three times in my face.

Trust me Unleal, if you played on my system I would have to beat you with a club to make you leave it, lol.

Have you thought about overlapping the inner bevels- i.e bringing the center monitor fwd and having the two outer ones underlap behind - it does depend on the thickness of the panel though.

Cheers

WM

Have you thought about overlapping the inner bevels- i.e bringing the center monitor fwd and having the two outer ones underlap behind - it does depend on the thickness of the panel though.

Cheers

WM

Its called pick your poison. I tried that, but I did not like the staggered depths of the screens, but if you can tolerate that then you have a bezel gap of less than 1/2 inch! Im pleased with this, this will hold me over until we get real bezeless displays. Remember on a single monitor you have nothing on the other side of those bezels!

Heres another shot

0306201012723.jpg

Edited by appraiserfl

No doubt . . I can rationalize the high price, what I lack is the space for 3 screens.

If I knock down a wall or two, perhaps then. Or maybe sell my kids as slaves.

By Jove . . .That's it . . .Not only could it lessen the financial impact, but I could use my son's room for setup

Now if I can just sell my wife on the idea

SUGGESTIONS ??? :good:

I come from a family of five kids, we weren't sold as slaves, we were used as slaves :rofl:

The base of the triple mount only takes up the footprint of one screen, the other two hover, so those with limited desk real estate I suggest the triple mounts! But the triple mount is pricey, mine cost $300 which is almost what my monitors cost, but I can use this mount forever so it will pay for itself in the end.

I work out of home on the computer and I need three screens for all my work apps, its just an added benefit that I can use it for OFF :good: So the only way I can see subverting SWAMBO is to justify it as a business cost!

OH and what I am really waiting for is PLP setups to be supported so I can rotate my two 20's to the side and put my 30" in the middle (remove its bezels too of course) and then have the full chabang!

Edited by appraiserfl