Sign in to follow this  

Hello everyone,is it possible to use the second cockpit in planes like MiG-21/23/29 UB and the F-4?

If so,with which control key?

Edited by =EoH=Flight_boy

You can't switch positions during flight. SFP1 aircraft have only one cokcpit, although it's possible to fly certain aircraft from the backseat (check out FastCargo's T-38/F-5F) and you could probably alter the cockpit position of other two seaters as well, but the pits (and the models) aren't really designed for that.

There has only been one 3rd party model where you can switch cockpits 'on the fly' so to speak.

I believe it's Florian's M2000 on this website.

Otherwise, there really isn't additional utility gained by flying from the back seat...except for some perspective on how hard it can be to fly from the back seat.

FC

Edited by FastCargo

Yeah. If only the plane was controlled by the AI and you just concentrate on detecting threats and doing fire solutions, then a rear seat would be useful.

But SF is a light sim and the fact that it takes a few buttons to acquire a firing solution (instead of a whole series of knob and MFD switching), it simulates a backseat Weapons Officer helping you out. good.gif

I like the idea, it would be cool!

I've spend many bombing mission switching between pilot and bomber seats in a Canberra.

Imho, the twin cockpit of the Mirage 2000D is really great and make the flying more fun, same for the P-2H Neptune.

The T-38 cockpit is great too, and you have to choose, front or rear, like in real life.

I think it would be awesome to have more 2 seater planes with such cockpit, but I know it's a huge work to achieve.

I didn't know that canberras for SF2 cockpit has also bombardier view! :ok: It's great! :good: