I have accidently deleted my SF2 Install, with a lot of stuff edited, new data inis and other stuff.. regarded to my projects ...I have lost month of work

I haven`t realised it yet .. cause all ... mh sh*t is gone ....

I`m out for a cup of tea

Martin

Guest rscsjsuso5

you said you deleted some stuff try a system restore for winxp try it and see if it works and if not revert to what you have now. thats terrible news , the community is here and will help you in any shape way or form. :salute: sometimes a system restore might restore files lost try different dates posted by windows but it worked for me . example i got a spyware than use system restore back to orginal state then use a free spware cleaner like spybot s&d all better and thanks to bill gates and system restore, tehn i checked the infected folders thus no more spyware that was their at the moment of attack, it is like it disappeared.

Sorry to hear about that Martin. I lost about two weeks worth over the weekend by accidentally putting some filles (including all of my decal templates) into the recycle bin and then emptying it* (don't ask). Thankfully, I had backed-up two weeks earlier but it still a kick in the guts so I'm backing-up every week and only emptying the recycle bin every week.

* I am aware of the programs that can get stuff back even when you've deleted from the bin but after a good long look (and the frustration of the various 'free download' scams) decided against it. My earliest System Restore point was two days earlier than my back-up.

lol 76 the Ye-152 is gone? This keeps happening to ya'll.

Everybody ignores Dave when he tries to get ya'll to back up. But then, a backup mindset *only* comes through our own individual experience, which we define as a tragic loss of our data. The trick is having this experience happen while losing nothing too deep. That requires luck.

I only lost one thing, ten years back. I never have since. And I never will again. I got the lucky card since it only cost me a few hours work. But I paid attention to the event and its significance. That's another thing. I wonder how many lose -- say -- a day's worth of data, ignore what it means, and so later lose a year's worth of data. I think here it helps to build your own computers, so you know how they work, and how they don't.

Allow me to Witness a FLAKER parable. A decade back, I'sa building an oversize extended mission in DOS Su-27 FLAKER 1.0 with like 1000 planes, worked a few hours on it, and the mission editor locked up. Had to reboot. I lost a few hours work. But it taught everything about data safety. That was just a running volatile memory loss. Now I have multiple hard drives laying around different places, varying from 125MB drive (from 1993) all the way to 120GB -- old ancient drives that will work forever. Plus a few cheap small modern SATA drives. I plug em in and boot up and backup, then plug em out. CDs and DVDs, and now USB thumb drives, that I cycle through backing up the stuff I work on.

JesusSaves.jpg

All stuff was backuped but a longe time ago and I have to rework all the ini stuffs again .. damn but I`m happy that `didn`t lost the max files .. :drinks: