Sign in to follow this  
Guest rscsjsuso5

space shuttle for thirdwire series

Guest rscsjsuso5

i have an easy question searching on insky forum a chinese website dedicated to sfp1 and recalling someone here stating that they have started to create a space shuttle/buron for the series any news , i saw pictures in insky and saw thread post here . pictures at insky is testing on a desert terrian . any news, wip news, beta news would be helpful. :grin: and also if their is a site associated with it it also would be helpful.

thanks for reading.

Won't work. The game engine limits the map boundaries, as well as the maximum altitude achievable. And if one attempts to edit the max altitude parameter, the physics engine (which is essentially uneditable) would render it all but unworkable, much beyond 110,000 feet.

:good: :good: :good:

rcs, I've done some of this. You will have to do your own experiments. It *might* work but it would be a rather simple simulation.

You can increase the playable altitude ceiling. At least in SF1 2006, the "flight" physics works basically at orbital altitudes. There is not much going on aerodynamically, and it shows: No control. Perhaps the vector thrust theme can provide some help, if the jets can be made to provide thrust in thin air. That might be edited in the thrust tables. But, there is no structural modelling for this. Years back, I set up a hand made mission with MiG-21F at 150km or so. No indicated airspeed. Fell down out of control, flopping around like a flipped coin, canopy opening and closing automatically (this was SF1), but eventually with very slowly increasing +|IAS|. Survived to regain control at about 10km and pulled out. The "flight" physics is there, for what its worth, but the structural stuff is not.

Terrain: SF1 2006 lets you set negative map boundaries without limit, so you can fly east/west practically forever, with the map repeating. AI does not work fully beyond the map edge however. North/South is a different story. Just don't try it. Long, fascinating story on that, the Great White Abyss extending to infinity beyond the map when camera view is less than the horizon distance to the map edge, which can happen if you set world boundary less than horizon distance...or something like that. TK must have seen us discuss this, as he hid it from us after PATCH 2008.

SF 2008 and I assume SF2 force desktop dump when camera view is in visible range of the map boundary (TK hiding the White Abyss). So, you can't fly east/west beyond the map edge anymore. A truly large map would be required for SF2 space operations.

:drinks:However, I *think* you can create any size map you like. TE can do 15,000km map with 4km tile size. I know. I've done it. Larger tile sizes may allow larger map size. I assume with 8km tile size, you can make a 30,000km map, with 16km tile size, a 60,000km map. And on up with no known limit. I have not tried this so I can't really say for sure.

I would take free camera to 1000km altitude to test the randomized warm front cloud layers.

Good Luck!

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

Guest rscsjsuso5

thanks lex i'm looking for a wip/beta or experimental mod so i can do the tests and just getting more info.

thanks again lex